Can't register mailing lists

I'm on several mailing lists, which receive the occasional spam. I don't want to "Spamcop" the lists themselves, so I've tried to register them - but without success.

I've read the "pinned instruction" but couldn't see it in there.

Should I just not report spam that comes through the mailing lists?

E-mail "from" a mailing list is not one of your "mailhosts"

E-mail from a "mailing list" has its own special words in the Rules, policies, and procedures of using the SpamCop.net Parsing & Reporting tools. These words are found in the 'official/original' SpamCop FAQ, the single-page-access-expanded version found here, the Wiki, etc. etc. etc.

E-mail from a "mailing list" has its own special words in the Rules, policies, and procedures of using the SpamCop.net Parsing & Reporting tools. These words are found in the 'official/iriginal' SpamCop FAQ, the singlie-page-access-expanded version found here, the Wiki, wtc. etc. etc.

Specifically: http://www.spamcop.net/fom-serve/cache/14.html

• 4 months later...
E-mail "from" a mailing list is not one of your "mailhosts"

It would be really great if the Mailhosts feature could be abused to prevent reporting mailing list hosts as spam sources. Alternatively, the addition of a MailingLists feature, that simply devnulled reported items that arrived via a configured mailing list, would be mosts welcome.

Inspecting the headers of every spam item I receive, just to make sure it didn't come in via a mailing list, is onerous. I've just run into this problem with the Debian package tracking system, and since I can't risk being unsubscribed from certain package notifications, I either need to review the headers of every message prior to submission, or I need to stop reporting.

Maybe there's another approach that works well for others, that simply hasn't occurred to me?

Inspecting the headers of every spam item I receive, just to make sure it didn't come in via a mailing list, is onerous. I've just run into this problem with the Debian package tracking system, and since I can't risk being unsubscribed from certain package notifications, I either need to review the headers of every message prior to submission, or I need to stop reporting.

It is difficult to give generic advice beyond the FAQ references. Every mailing list tends to be configured differently but I've had good success in whitelisting the mailing list addresses.

Mailhosts is not so much about identifying spam but rather more about preventing you reporting yourself. It doesn't and cannot assist you in preventing you reporting other sources of Email including lists. Sorry.

Andrew

Archived