Spam count got reset

My spam count (the one displayed before each message entry in the held-mail page) suddenly got subtracted by about 100 (from about 81,300 to 81,200) overnight. I noticed this because, in my anality, I keep a spreadsheet of daily spam counts and use this counter for the purpose.

I'd expect that this count would, if anything, go back to zero if there were a failure of some sort. However, it is hard to understand why the total would drop by just a bit.

Anyone ever had this happen before?

-- rick

My spam count (the one displayed before each message entry in the held-mail page) suddenly got subtracted by about 100 (from about 81,300 to 81,200) overnight. I noticed this because, in my anality, I keep a spreadsheet of daily spam counts and use this counter for the purpose.

I'd expect that this count would, if anything, go back to zero if there were a failure of some sort. However, it is hard to understand why the total would drop by just a bit.

Anyone ever had this happen before?

What number are you talking about? Do you mean the "#" column in the Webmail mailbox view? That number is how the IMAP server numbers each message internally and the new IMAP servers use the number in a slightly different way than the old ones did.

We re-indexed all of the mailboxes a couple of days ago, but the new servers didn't actually go live until today. Because of that, the "newest" # for you rolled back to whatever it was back when we re-indexed, and you had received ~100 messages since then so the number jumped a bit.

-Trevor

What number are you talking about? Do you mean the "#" column in the Webmail mailbox view? That number is how the IMAP server numbers each message internally and the new IMAP servers use the number in a slightly different way than the old ones did.

We re-indexed all of the mailboxes a couple of days ago, but the new servers didn't actually go live until today. Because of that, the "newest" # for you rolled back to whatever it was back when we re-indexed, and you had received ~100 messages since then so the number jumped a bit.

-Trevor

Don't know about webmail. since I don't use it much. The number I am referring to appears on the Held Mail page of the VER system, right after the check box for each message. Perhaps if this number is derived from the IMAP servers then this explains the problem.

-- rick

This doesn't seem to involve reporting...shouldn't this topic be in the SpamCop Email System & Accounts forum?

Seems that many of the recent topics in this forum are more about SpamCop email accounts than about reporting.

David:

Both of these are about the VER (Very Easy Reporting) tool which is a grey area between the Reporting side (the real reason the page exists) and Email side (which is the data being used for reporting). I think it could easily go in either location.

This doesn't seem to involve reporting...shouldn't this topic be in the SpamCop Email System & Accounts forum?

Move it wherever you think best. I thought pertained to reporting because it involves the VER (R="Reporting") and as far as I can tell the rest of my account and service is OK.

-- rick

Both of these are about the VER (Very Easy Reporting) tool which is a grey area between the Reporting side (the real reason the page exists) and Email side (which is the data being used for reporting).

Yes, I know what the R stands for in VER, but neither this topic, nor this one:

http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=8796

are actually dealing with the reporting of the spam, are they? If not, then they should clearly be moved to the SC Email forum, because only SC Email customers even *have* this module, correct? If the users were talking about the reporting aspect of VER, then you might be correct. Please reconsider, or maybe another mod will come by and do it if you won't?

As an Email customer, I'd very much prefer to have those topics dealing with the features of our email accounts posted in the Email forum, unless they actually involve reporting spam. The number described in this topic has nothing to do with reporting, and the other topic deals with releasing messages that are in our (SC Email system) Held mail zone...not with the reporting of those messages.

DT

As through the ages, I'm also going with that this is a subset of the SpamCop e-mail account.

The "reporting" issues would be what happened after the Parsong & Reporting system received the submittal and did it's things. The VER thing is just an alternate way to get the submittal to the Parsing & Reporting system for parsing.

With this post, Topic is being moved to the E-Mail System & Accounts Forum section.

Archived