Webmail issue and personal beef with finding help

The main problem:

I cannot access my account via: http://webmail.cesmail.net

I just discovered (after searching way too long around the forums) that the beta (I believe http://webmailbeta.spamcop.net) does indeed work.

2ndary problem:

I don't even know if this is the appropriate place to be mentioning an account specific issue. I believe it's something only an admin can fix, and since the description here is:

"This is a User to User Support ForumThe primary mode of support here is peer-to-peer, meaning users helping other users..."

It makes me think there is a better place I should be asking this. If there is a better place, it isn't intuitive.

This isn't the first time I've posted the confusion I've had to get help.

<snip>

I just discovered (after searching way too long around the forums) that the beta (I believe http://webmailbeta.spamcop.net) does indeed work.

...You must have missed the entry on this forum's main page labeled "Pinned: New Webmail System - FAQ / Upgrade Guide" under the heading "Important Topics."
2ndary problem:

I don't even know if this is the appropriate place to be mentioning an account specific issue. I believe it's something only an admin can fix, and since the description here is:

"This is a User to User Support ForumThe primary mode of support here is peer-to-peer, meaning users helping other users..."

It makes me think there is a better place I should be asking this. If there is a better place, it isn't intuitive.

<snip>

...Correct (although sometimes other users can provide some tips that might work out for your "account-specific" problem)! Try e-mail contact form. IIUC, there's a link to the form on the webmail home page (but I can't verify that myself as I am not a SpamCop e-mail user).

...Good luck!

Searched and searched and searched but somehow totally ignored the links provided at the very top of this page? Three actual entry points, two in 'plain text' the third as part of a dropdown menu option ....????? (could even say 'six' times, as there are separate links provided for an SSL connection)

Yet, use of the FAQs, the RED-lettered Announcement link, entries with strange titles like "where to get help" .... "not getting the help you need" .... "Contact Us" .. "How To Get Official SpamCop.Net Customer Support" ... etc. ..... isn't clear enough???

Strange as it may be, as you state, this isn't the first time you posted this stuff, and it isn't the first time you were pointed to something ... and in your last Topic/Discussion you sure made it sound like you found what you were looking for ...????

The main problem:

I'm not sure where you got that address, or why it's no longer working (I just tested it, and it's not working), but you can log into your account using either of these URLs:

http://webmail.spamcop.net

https://webmail.spamcop.net

I'd recommend the latter. I've got a "spamcop" account and my wife has a "cesmail" account and we both use "spamcop.net" URLs. You don't have to use the beta.

DT

The main problem:

2ndary problem:

Well, I agree that it isn't very intuitive. I think you've found 'help', though. I don't ask for help here anymore, the answers are much too sarcastic and not helpful enough.

Searched and searched and searched but somehow totally ignored the links provided at the very top of this page? Three actual entry points, two in 'plain text' the third as part of a dropdown menu option ....????? (could even say 'six' times, as there are separate links provided for an SSL connection)

No, it's not easy to spot those links. They actually don't look lke links to me. I've never thought to use them. In dropdown, there doesn't appear to be any links to spamcop webmail.

Yet, use of the FAQs, the RED-lettered Announcement link, entries with strange titles like "where to get help" .... "not getting the help you need" .... "Contact Us" .. "How To Get Official SpamCop.Net Customer Support" ... etc. ..... isn't clear enough???

Correct, they are not clear enough. The FAQs are not very useful to *me* when I am looking for help. The "RED-lettered Announcement link" often only pertains to the workings of this *forum*, and those strange entries appear to be just that; strange entries. This is especially true considering that once you look in the "RED-lettered Announcement link" area and find nothing even remotely close to what you need, you'll hardly ever do that again.

From the FAQ;

Note: the above was provided to explain the Saturday morning hack of moving the hyper-linked original SpamCop FAQ into this single-page entrance point ..

Justification #1: some folks got lost when trying to decide which link to follow.

Justification #2: original FAQ had been a constant complaint source for being incomplete, obsolete, and hard to use

Justification #3: This was only meant to be an interim step, waiting for something else to be offered up.

Justification #4: That "something better" still has yet to arrive, and even though this thing has grown to humungous proportions, complaints still appear ... though it's still apparent that a lot of folks have yet to discover what a "FAQ" actually is and the reasons of how and why to use one simply elude some ...

For the people that somehow failed to grasp that the additional 5 pages of dialog after this first post was conversational data that occurred throughout the building of this FAQ, originally left in place so that folks could follow some of the development issues, some data entries, get a clue that their input was accepted, on and on .. all that dialog has now been moved to a "new" Topic so that the "confusion" should be eliminated. All that effort is now found at SpamCop FAQ (Forum version) development

That said, for those that made it 'here' .... the list begins below .....

Last Revised : 17 January 2007

Nice FAQ, dripping with sarcasm and nowhere near 'helpful'...

As I said, I hardly ever post here because of the sarcastic, non-helpful replies. So, save your energy and don't bother to reply, k?

Well, I agree that it isn't very intuitive. I think you've found 'help', though. I don't ask for help here anymore, the answers are much too sarcastic and not helpful enough.

Looking at your past posts after reading this one, I'm sorry you haven't yet figured out how to use the Internet. Your previous posts were all about "not being able to log in" .. the answers were that the server (IronPort owned and maintained on the west coast at the time) were in fact down ... as shown in the graphic link at the top right of this page. That you couldn't understand that no one could log in because there wasn't a server running to log into can't be placed on the sarcastic and unhelpful replies you received.

No, it's not easy to spot those links. They actually don't look lke links to me. I've never thought to use them. In dropdown, there doesn't appear to be any links to spamcop webmail.

Definitely over the top .... again, sorry that you didn't bother to move your mouse around, didn't see that the cursor changed shapes, some actually change color .. and that the dropdown item labeled "WebMail" only has two entries, both going to ... wait for it ... "WebMail" .... your comments make no sense whatsoever ....

Correct, they are not clear enough. The FAQs are not very useful to *me* when I am looking for help.

And your solution is ...????? I've installed over a half-dozen, 'advertised' maybe three of them, I made that single-page-acess-expanded version due to complaints about the original/official FAQ .... have you even looked at the Wiki? Have to note that what exists 'here' has been developed by other "users" ..... I see no attempt from you to join in on this work.

The "RED-lettered Announcement link" often only pertains to the workings of this *forum*, and those strange entries appear to be just that; strange entries. This is especially true considering that once you look in the "RED-lettered Announcement link" area and find nothing even remotely close to what you need, you'll hardly ever do that again.

And to think, that RED-lettered thing was placed there based on other users asking for something like that. From the Moderator perspective, it's a real pain to update.

Nice FAQ, dripping with sarcasm and nowhere near 'helpful'...

Yet another snipe but with nothing offered to "fix" anything,

As I said, I hardly ever post here because of the sarcastic, non-helpful replies. So, save your energy and don't bother to reply, k?

You have just got to be kidding ....

Looking at your past posts after reading this one, I'm sorry you haven't yet figured out how to use the Internet. Your previous posts were all about "not being able to log in" .. the answers were that the server (IronPort owned and maintained on the west coast at the time) were in fact down ... as shown in the graphic link at the top right of this page. That you couldn't understand that no one could log in because there wasn't a server running to log into can't be placed on the sarcastic and unhelpful replies you received.

And, I am sorry you spent so much time on the internet that you are lacking in any interpersonal communication skills. You do have a fully formed sarcastic streak, however...

I read your replies to others here, and they are all the same. You are very sarcastic in everything you do. You should get out more, and possibly interact with real humans if you can keep from irritating everyone you meet.

Definitely over the top .... again, sorry that you didn't bother to move your mouse around, didn't see that the cursor changed shapes, some actually change color .. and that the dropdown item labeled "WebMail" only has two entries, both going to ... wait for it ... "WebMail" .... your comments make no sense whatsoever ....

Even more sarcasm. I fail to see how your sarcasm could ever be misconstrued as 'help'.

And your solution is ...????? I've installed over a half-dozen, 'advertised' maybe three of them, I made that single-page-acess-expanded version due to complaints about the original/official FAQ .... have you even looked at the Wiki? Have to note that what exists 'here' has been developed by other "users" ..... I see no attempt from you to join in on this work.

You insult me, then chide me for not helping you? Brush up on those interpersonal skills!

And to think, that RED-lettered thing was placed there based on other users asking for something like that. From the Moderator perspective, it's a real pain to update.

Yet another snipe but with nothing offered to "fix" anything,

You have just got to be kidding ....

And, I rest my case...

Have a lovely, lonely, sarcastic day.

<snip>

I read your replies to others here, and they are all the same. You are very sarcastic in everything you do. You should get out more, and possibly interact with real humans if you can keep from irritating everyone you meet.

<snip>

...Those of us who have read almost all of Wazoo's posts will be well aware that your criticisms are based on too limited experience.

...Please limit your comments to the SpamCop Lounge -- they are off topic anywhere else. Thanks!

Archived