RFE: Remember "OK to reveal sensitive information"

nogin

When I am reporting spam to an ISP that "refuses munged reports" and I chose to send them an unmunged one, it would be nice if SpamCop offered to remember that decision and enbled sending unmunged reports to this particular address by default.

Thank you!

First off I use the paid email service and love it. I am using the mailhosts beta and have a couple of things to say about that, but in the correct topic.

I agree with nogin. In fact I would like to make it so that I can send unmunged reports to EarthLink rather than send a copy to spamcop. Is there anything that can be done about it?

First off I use the paid email service and love it. I am using the mailhosts beta and have a couple of things to say about that, but in the correct topic.

I agree with nogin. In fact I would like to make it so that I can send unmunged reports to EarthLink rather than send a copy to spamcop. Is there anything that can be done about it?

Well you can -- as a payingmember -- go to your preferences in the reporting system and set them to unmunged ... or is that more than you want?

Well you can -- as a payingmember -- go to your preferences in the reporting system and set them to unmunged ... or is that more than you want?

Yes, I want more. I definitely want the default to be to send mudged reports. But if some ISP requires unmunged ones and I decided to trust that specific ISP with my identity, then for that sepcific ISP, I would like to see such decision remembered.

Yes, I want more. I definitely want the default to be to send mudged reports. But if some ISP requires unmunged ones and I decided to trust that specific ISP with my identity, then for that sepcific ISP, I would like to see such decision remembered.

well I think this could become more of a coding and keeping track task then it might seem at first glance because there would have to be a way to display all those "unmung me" abuse addresses to the user because you might change your mind about being unmunged for a particular abuse address -- but I will mention this to Julian altho he is way busy with the mailhosts code.

That's not fair. There may be one man, but he is NOT pretending to do something. He is the only person that has been able to write software that accurately (if used correctly) indicates the proper abuse desk to report spam.

The filter manufacturers have convinced the email service consumer that there is nothing to do about spam except use "this" filter. However, if even a small percentage of the average email users knew that they could report spam to someone who could do something about it, there would be a drastic change in how ISP's handle the sending end of spam.

Unfortunately, Julian has no competitors, not only for improvement in customer relations, but also for different ways of using reports which would get more people involved and turn the tide of public opinion from the hidden spammer to the irresponsibility and incompetence of some ISP's.

Miss Betsy

Ok munchkin ... :D

As we all know, SpamCop is very "proactive" (prone to error),

because of (as yet) inadequate software or (often) poor reporting

(possibly by the Cowardly Lion ... "moles"). If the Wizard does have

helpers, they don't seem to be helping ... queue sound and music ;)

That's not fair.  There may be one man, but he is NOT pretending to do something.  He is the only person that has been able to write software that accurately (if used correctly) indicates the proper abuse desk to report spam.

And as I had just posted over in E-mail;

should have a larger staff to deal with these things

one of those things that always should have been, but ... expertise in the subject matter, agreement in philosophies, and not even bringing up the programming knowledge needed - both to figure out what's in place and how to go from there, etc. <g> Recall that this was basically an experiment started at the kitchen table, opened up and offerd to others as a 'cool tool' way back when, and it's just gotten huge ever since <g> I've no doubt that had Julian had the vision that his little "tool" would have grown to the proportions it's at these days, there'd have been a number of things done just a bit different <g>

The filter manufacturers have convinced the email service consumer that there is nothing to do about spam except use "this" filter.  However, if even a small percentage of the average email users knew that they could report spam to someone who could do something about it, there would be a drastic change in how ISP's handle the sending end of spam.

Can't argue with your initial point, but can argue that most of the folks I support still can't get past the JHD syndrome. That any form of "assistance" comes with having to learn new software, have to train tools, have to pay attention to details, have to spend time .... well, JHD seems to be a more popular action for most of these folks <g>

Unfortunately, Julian has no competitors, not only for improvement in customer relations, but also for different ways of using reports which would get more people involved and turn the tide of public opinion from the hidden spammer to the irresponsibility and incompetence of some ISP's.

Yeah, for all the bitching, bad-mouthing, name-calling, and even abuse and death threats tossed his way, it is truely astounding that there hasn't been anything else that comes close.

... I've no doubt that had Julian had the vision that his little "tool" would have grown to the proportions it's at these days, there'd have been a number of things done just a bit different

Did he answer a lot of those spam advertisements.

They told me that stuff doesn't really work :unsure:

Archived