Cannot get valid headers from excite.com

Hi Folks,

I have been trying to get the headers from my excite account in order to add my mailhost. I have been able to add the headers from my other accounts but each time I try my excite account I get the following error:

Sorry, SpamCop has encountered errors:

Headers not found.

It appears you did not provide all email headers. Please consult this FAQ

for more information on getting full headers from your software, then try

again.

I have gone through the steps in the FAQ to get the full headers but I keep getting this same error.

I tried forwarding the email to another account as an attachment but that did not work either. I noticed that there are links are stuff in the header but when I try to remove them I get an error saying the header has been altered.

Any thoughts or suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,

Rob.

People seem to have problems with excite - have you looked at any of the previous discussions, like http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=6100 ? (Hmm ... though marked "Resolved" I see the final poster was reporting problems - anyway let us know how you get on if there are suggestions there you haven't tried yet).

The reports referenced by tracking URLs only have a life of 90 days - those presented in that topic will have expired.

People seem to have problems with excite - have you looked at any of the previous discussions, like http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=6100 ? (Hmm ... though marked "Resolved" I see the final poster was reporting problems - anyway let us know how you get on if there are suggestions there you haven't tried yet).

The reports referenced by tracking URLs only have a life of 90 days - those presented in that topic will have expired.

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I had seen that discussion and searched for other threads but I did not find anything that was able to help me.

What I am actually trying to do is register my mailhost not report spam if that makes a difference.

Thanks again,

Rob.

Hi, Rob,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I had seen that discussion and searched for other threads but I did not find anything that was able to help me.
...Okay, working from memory here so my questions may not make sense.

...Are the errors appearing when you return the "probe" back to SpamCop? How are you returning the probe -- using the Online method or via return e-mail? If e-mail, are you forwarding as attachment to SpamCop?

...Did you follow the suggestions in the FAQ, as suggested by user dg3274? I'm presuming you did:

<snip>

I have gone through the steps in the FAQ to get the full headers but I keep getting this same error.

<snip>

What I am actually trying to do is register my mailhost not report spam if that makes a difference.
...Often, MailHosts problems and spam submission problems have the same or similar causes, although in user John Lazar (spaztick1)'s case, his submission problems appear to have been caused by his having another MailHost configuration and not having successfully completed his Excite.com MailHost configuration.

Hi, Rob,...Okay, working from memory here so my questions may not make sense.

...Are the errors appearing when you return the "probe" back to SpamCop? How are you returning the probe -- using the Online method or via return e-mail? If e-mail, are you forwarding as attachment to SpamCop?

...Did you follow the suggestions in the FAQ, as suggested by user dg3274?

I am returning the probe using the online method. I have also tried the email method too but the domain hasn't showed up in my mailhost config and I did not receive an error back so I'm not sure quite what happened there.

Yes, I followed that FAQ too.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Rob.

edit. I finally got a response from the email submission: I forwarded the probe as an attachment and this was the response:

Hello SpamCop user,

Sorry, but SpamCop has encountered errors:

Headers not found.

It appears you did not provide all email headers. Please consult this FAQ

for more information on getting full headers from your software, then try

again.

<http://spamcop.net/fom-serve/cache/19.html>;

I am returning the probe using the online method. I have also tried the email method too but the domain hasn't showed up in my mailhost config and I did not receive an error back so I'm not sure quite what happened there.

Yes, I followed that FAQ too.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Rob.

edit. I finally got a response from the email submission: I forwarded the probe as an attachment and this was the response:

Do you have a SpamCOp email account?

Can you either POP or forward to get the message into SpamCop webmail? Might be an alternate way to get the headers. The SpamCop mailhost should be already configured for you if you are a member.

FAQs have been read, Pinned entries have been read .. so says the traffic this far.

So I say at this point ... what does Ellen/Deputies say? Why haven't the actions defind in the Pinned "read before posting" entry 'here' actually been attempted?

Do you have a SpamCOp email account?

Can you either POP or forward to get the message into SpamCop webmail? Might be an alternate way to get the headers. The SpamCop mailhost should be already configured for you if you are a member.

Hi,

Wazoo... believe it or not, I did actually read the FAQ (I mentioned this a couple of times) and the pinned threads before I posted. I may have missed some detail (I did read over them pretty quickly looking for clues to my problem) but the process is pretty simple really. There is obviously a problem with the way Excite headers are displayed in their webmail tool. Even so, the reporting fails when I forward an email as an attachment from my excite account.

Steven.... No, I don't have a Spamcop email account. I'm guessing I may just have to get one.

Thanks again.

Rob.

<snip>

Wazoo... believe it or not, I did actually read the FAQ (I mentioned this a couple of times) and the pinned threads before I posted. I may have missed some detail ....

<snip>

Hi, Rob,

...Wazoo was probably referring to the note in a couple of the "Pinned" items on the directory page of this forum that suggest sending an e-mail to the SpamCop Deputies (deputies[at]admin.spamcop.net) about your problem. Please include the tracking url and your registered SpamCop email address. Please put "mailhosts" somewhere in the subject line.

...Good luck!

Archived