FIltering Question

If this is not the correct forum, please direct me (cherrick[at]spamcop.net).

Very frequently recently, spams with a common content are making it past the SpamCop filters. I read my email via the WebMail interface.

These spams always have content like the following:

--

Best medications, best prices!

http://google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=inu...9&btnI=0139

--

A first line of human readable text and a second line that

contains a Google search link.

Is SpamCop aware of these?

Is this a kind of spam against which SpamCop is powerless?

Should I write a filter to catch these instead?

Just wondering...

mailto:cherrick[at]spamcop.net

You posted into a Topic in the Lounge Area that was about the reporting and closing of Google Portal Pages ... Subject / Title of SpamCop Lounge > Googlepages portals

Very frequently recently, spams with a common content are making it past the SpamCop filters. I read my email via the WebMail interface.

I see this as asking about a Filtering issues with a SpamCop.net e-mail account.

At this point, I am splitting your post out from the Lounge Topic, moving it to the SpamCop E-mail System & Accounts section as a 'new Topic' ..... As there are numbrous existing Topics that deal Filtering, it may end up being merged into yet another existing Topic.

In the meanwhile, have you looked at the SpamCop FAQ here? the Wiki?

Is SpamCop aware of these?

Question asked with little context. If asked in conjunction with your e-mail account, one has to start with that filter activation has some criteria involved as to when they may or may not be activated. I'm not feeling well enough to sit here and retype all that data that exists in so may places already.

You posted into a Topic in the Lounge Area that was about the reporting and closing of Google Portal Pages ... Subject / Title of SpamCop Lounge > Googlepages portals

<snip>

...Actually, no -- it was a separate post that I moved here because it appeared to me it was a question about spam with links to Google sites. Now that I read more carefully, I see that I was mistaken. :blush: <blush> Thanks for the catch!

Question asked with little context. If asked in conjunction with your e-mail account, one has to start with that filter activation has some criteria involved as to when they may or may not be activated.

I don't think the OP is really talking about user-created filters. I think what is being asked is "why isn't SpamAssassin and the RBLs catching these items"?

I've seen some of those spams slip by in the last month or two also. I think that they would most likely be caught if "SURBL or URIBL" systems were being queried during item analysis, but I don't think that's currently happening with our SC email accounts, is it?

DT

Archived