Yahoo Popgate Fix?

I was having problems with yahoo/popgate for some time.

I recently switched back to the beta popgate2 setting and made some changes to my yahoo mail display options and all my mail in the inbox came through at once. I switched from full headers to brief headers.

You may like to try this if you are having problems.

I recently switched back to the beta popgate2 setting and made some changes to my yahoo mail display options and all my mail in the inbox came through at once. I switched from full headers to brief headers.

You may like to try this if you are having problems.

I've tried both the popgate and popgate2 setup and even recently switched back and forth between the beta and regular yahoo email account, but both have been giving me problems. Which yahoo mail version is working better for you?

• 3 weeks later...

My yahoo was working just fine up until a day or two ago. Now I have like 30 messages in my Yahoo inbox and none of them are showing up in my SpamCop account. I sure hope that someone is able to figure things out soon!

No problems with SpamCop picking up my Yahoo messages. I never "upgraded" to the "new" Yahoo mail system, and I'm using the "popgate2" setting. I don't get a lot of messages at that address, but I just put through a test message and it arrived safely.

DT

No problems with SpamCop picking up my Yahoo messages. I never "upgraded" to the "new" Yahoo mail system, and I'm using the "popgate2" setting. I don't get a lot of messages at that address, but I just put through a test message and it arrived safely.

As stated here or in another thread... my system has been working intermittently... working fine for a week or two, then having problems for a bit before working again. I have not found a good way to get those messages POPped once the problem starts other than deleting everything in the Inbox. Most of mine are spam or read and delete types of messages so deleting them is not a problem for me.

Spoke too soon, I guess....now, this morning, I see errors on my POP settings screen for all three of my external accounts:

Yahoo popgate2.cesmail.net 1 Unknown error: 8

AOL imap.aol.com 1 Unknown error: 8

Hotmail popgate.cesmail.net 1 Unknown error: 8

So it sure looks as if the popgate system is having problems. Someone else is reporting auto-forwarding problems, and I found another problem....I can't send to my AOL address from my SpamCop account, either using webmail (tried several identities) or using my PC's mail client and SpamCop SMTP.

I guess the sky is actually falling, afterall. :(

(on edit) some of the messages have just now shown up, after long delays, and the errors listed above have all now cleared in my POP settings. Bad stuff going on today!

DT

Spoke too soon, I guess....now, this morning, I see errors on my POP settings screen for all three of my external accounts:

So it sure looks as if the popgate system is having problems. Someone else is reporting auto-forwarding problems, and I found another problem....I can't send to my AOL address from my SpamCop account, either using webmail (tried several identities) or using my PC's mail client and SpamCop SMTP.

I guess the sky is actually falling, afterall. :(

(on edit) some of the messages have just now shown up, after long delays, and the errors listed above have all now cleared in my POP settings. Bad stuff going on today!

Well, I just checked my SpamCop settings and it's not showing any errors, I'm just not getting my Yahoo email. Maybe I'll try your suggestion of deleting anything I don't absolutely need and seeing if new messages come through on SpamCop. On the bright side, I did get an email back from the mail admins that they had received my messages (actually sent one direct and one through the web form as I wasn't positive I had the correct admin email address for SC email) I haven't received anything but the canned response yet, but at least they got my emails. :/

(later) Just checked my Yahoo mail. No joy there. I've deleted everything that was in there and it still didn't fix it. :(

On the bright side, I did get an email back from the mail admins that they had received my messages (actually sent one direct and one through the web form as I wasn't positive I had the correct admin email address for SC email) I haven't received anything but the canned response yet, but at least they got my emails.

???? I know of no 'canned responses' provided by either JT or Trevor.

Addresses and web-form URLs are provided in numerous places within this Forum, nevermind the actual posting of said addresses in countless existing Discussions ..... A few of the places listing contact points;

Under the Red-linked Latest Announcements, the Not finding the Help you need? link is provided.

Under the SpamCOp FAQ links at the top of this page, there's the link back to the original FAQ entry titled How can I contact a SpamCop representative? (which in this case isn't a really great link as it doesn't directly send to JT/Trevor)

The front page of the Wiki linked from the top of this page has a link provided Where to get Help

Addresses and web-form URLs are provided in numerous places within this Forum, nevermind the actual posting of said addresses in countless existing Discussions ..... A few of the places listing contact points;

Under the Red-linked Latest Announcements, the Not finding the Help you need? link is provided.

Under the SpamCOp FAQ links at the top of this page, there's the link back to the original FAQ entry titled How can I contact a SpamCop representative? (which in this case isn't a really great link as it doesn't directly send to JT/Trevor)

The front page of the Wiki linked from the top of this page has a link provided Where to get Help

Yep. I know those links. However, I got the following message:

Re: (Case 48) Problems POP-ing Yahoo

To: mrmaxx[at]spamcop.net

Date: Yesterday 3:49:28 pm

spam Status: Spamassassin -6% probability of being spam.

Full report:

hits=0.0 tests=none version=3.2.4

Thank you for your message. We have received it and will get back to you as soon as possible.

Please reply to this message if there's anything else we can do for you. Please make sure you leave the case number in the subject every time you email us.

--

SpamCop Support

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

FYI, that's the message whether I emailed "service[at]cesmail.net" or used the webform. Guess I better try "jefft[at].."

I always use support[at]spamcop.net or the form.

In fact I just got a responce to a request made (Apr 2, I think) that asks it it is working now. I replied I will watch it... I did have the issue this morning and deleted the stuck messages.

I've switched back to using popgate.cesmail.net instead of popgate2.cesmail.net and are moving email out

Yahoo with some minor problems. In my opinion, the problem occurs when you switch from the old version of Yahoo Mail to the new Beta version, then reverse back to the older version . After you switch back and forth, popgate2.cesmail.net will not work properly. Using popgate.cesmail.net, the email(s) will be read, then transfered but won't be moved to the trash . However the email(s ) will remain in your inbox showing that they have be opened.

I've switched back to using popgate.cesmail.net instead of popgate2.cesmail.net and are moving email out

Yahoo with some minor problems. In my opinion, the problem occurs when you switch from the old version of Yahoo Mail to the new Beta version, then reverse back to the older version . After you switch back and forth, popgate2.cesmail.net will not work properly. Using popgate.cesmail.net, the email(s) will be read, then transfered but won't be moved to the trash . However the email(s ) will remain in your inbox showing that they have be opened.

Hmm.. that's not my experience... besides, I got an email overnight from Trevor that they are waiting on Popgate to release a patch for the new Yahoo classic interface. Hopefully within the next few days it'll be done and we can return to our normal Yahoo filtering. :)

• 2 weeks later...

OK .. I just received my first. Yes, they have apparently started a Ticket/Tracking application for trouble reports. There must be some kind of decision process involved with the receiving part of the application, based on my ticket number only being #179, and I have no doubt that they receive much more e-mail that this would suggest.

OK .. I just received my first. Yes, they have apparently started a Ticket/Tracking application for trouble reports. There must be some kind of decision process involved with the receiving part of the application, based on my ticket number only being #179, and I have no doubt that they receive much more e-mail that this would suggest.

At this point, I'm about ready to pay the $10/year for POP access... it's become enough of an annoyance to me... I sent a request for an update a few days ago, but have not heard anything yet. Don't know if you have any more "pull" with JT & co than I do, but if you hear anything, please let us know.

At this point, I'm about ready to pay the $10/year for POP access... it's become enough of an annoyance to me... I sent a request for an update a few days ago, but have not heard anything yet. Don't know if you have any more "pull" with JT & co than I do, but if you hear anything, please let us know.

I have not had any issues since I turned on the Junk Filter at Yahoo. All my normal corespondence has been coming through just fine, no errors.

Within the last couple of weeks, I did that and turned on greylisting. I am lucky to get a spam a day through spamcop right now. Decided I was spending too much time on spam reporting.

I have not had any issues since I turned on the Junk Filter at Yahoo. All my normal corespondence has been coming through just fine, no errors.

Within the last couple of weeks, I did that and turned on greylisting. I am lucky to get a spam a day through spamcop right now. Decided I was spending too much time on spam reporting.

Huh! Wish I had that "problem" of no spam to report. Even with not using "catchall" email addresses at my domains, I'm still getting probably close to 1000 per day getting through. That's not even counting Yahoo stuff that doesn't appear to get POP-ed by SpamCop.

Archived