[Resolved] smtp.cesmail.net

Ellen

is it only me or did this suddenly go away? I have been out of town with no online access for a few days so if there is news about this, I never saw it ...

Its OK for me?

I'm using

sending

smtp.cesmail.net

port 587

recieving with

pop.spamcop.net

My email client (Bat Voyager} I run from a 9GByte USB stick

No failure at all but I'm in Sydney Australia so may of missed any outage because of time difference

is it only me or did this suddenly go away? I have been out of town with no online access for a few days so if there is news about this, I never saw it ...

Take a look at the recent posts in the "spamcop" and "spamcop.mail" newsgroups. The newsgroups were still up during the extended outage of other services this weekend.

DT

Actually, that's been part of the 'complaint' issue. Much was unknown, and nothing was available for a venue to make anything known for quite a while. The most likely candidate still hasn't seen any touch .... but, there may be more than just politics/legalities involved there. And the other two possibilities were not put into play due to the folks with access were neck-deep in trying to drain the swamp.

I'll be adding to the Announcement Topic to pass on some of what was just passed to me via e-mail.

I'll be the first ... welcome back Ellen!

For me, Webmail came back after a 3 or 4 hour outage (down at 1pm GMT Saturday, back by about 5pm) but the forums were unavailable all weekend. It was only this morning (Monday) that the message appeared on the Webmail login screen explaining about the power outage!

Pretty good to get Webmail back on line so quickly after such a major problem - many thanks for the hard work that must have been needed to restore the service so quickly.

I'll be adding to the Announcement Topic to pass on some of what was just passed to me via e-mail.

I'll be the first ... welcome back Ellen!

Thanks for the welcome back -- it was nice sitting on top of a mountain without online access :-) I need to go read the announcements et al ... gah that is a major outage! And I took a tour of that datacenter a couple or so years ago and it is a really first class place with amazing security and all that.

Ah! smtp is back!

Ugly way for Jeff and Trevor to have to spend the weekend :-(

Thanks

Ellen

Archived