When finally telecomitalia and superkabel.de will get blocked?

ArtemZ

I receiving spam only from telecomitalia and superkabel.de (sometimes also from proxad.net) networks every day, I reporting about every mail every day for months and nothing changes! Please, block dynamic ip ranges of these internet providers!

I receiving spam only from telecomitalia and superkabel.de (sometimes also from proxad.net) networks every day, I reporting about every mail every day for months and nothing changes! Please, block dynamic ip ranges of these internet providers!

1. SpamCop blocks nothing.

2. You are attempting to appeal to a mathematical algorithm.

3. You would know 1 and 2 if you bothered to read the FAQ and all the other things that are put in your way before you make a senseless first post.

Hello ArtemZ,

Are you using the SpamCop blocking list to filter your mail? If not, you are relying on network administrators to choose to react to SC reports about spammers in their network, or to react to the inclusion of their IP addresses in SC blocklist, and for several reasons that is not very effective.

The SpamCop blocklist is good as a lookup of high-volume spamming from individual IP addresses while they are spamming and it reacts very quickly to reports from multiple sources or hits on SC spamtraps. Those addresses go into the BL, regardless of whether or not their administrators react to SC reports. If you want a list that includes many of the dynamic IP addresses (even if they are not currently spamming you) then you might want to consider other lists as well, such as the Spamhaus PBL.

If you want to check which blocklists might be picking up the IP addresses of the spammers you see, you might use something like

http://multirbl.valli.org/dnsbl-lookup/

which currently checks 185 different lists. If you want to use such lists to divert spam you need something such as SpamAssassin or MailWasher to implement the lists you select (or those they support, I'm not sure you have full choice). Or you need to ask your mail service provider to do that for you. Those providers that do block spam for their customers tend to simply discard it, which is not ideal - maybe it is not always all spam.

Anyway, your assistance in reporting spammers is appreciated. Even if you are not seeing results at the moment the information is taken into account for listing, though it always takes more than one reporter to achieve listing (see the link Wazoo provided).

Are you using the SpamCop blocking list to filter your mail?

Hi,

Yes, I use spamcop bl and it surely worls. Quote from maillog:

Apr 26 14:17:31 dns sendmail[15669]: p3QAHTsf015669: ruleset=check_rcpt, arg1=<........>, relay=pc-21-166-100-190.cm.vtr.net [190.100.166.21], reject=550 5.7.1 <........>... Rejected: 190.100.166.21 listed at bl.spamcop.net

Apr 26 14:17:32 dns sendmail[15669]: p3QAHTsf015669: lost input channel from pc-21-166-100-190.cm.vtr.net [190.100.166.21] to MTA after data

Apr 26 14:17:32 dns sendmail[15669]: p3QAHTsf015669: from=<evgeniy[at]stroistil.ru>, size=0, class=0, nrcpts=0, proto=ESMTP, daemon=MTA, relay=pc-21-166-100-190.cm.vtr.net [190.100.166.21]

I don't like to use spamhaus sice they're inadequate at least with their SBL listings. They blocking large networks, often not networks of real spammers, but networks of hosting providers who had few issues with something like malware or forum spam on their servers. That's what happened to our dedicated servers provider: criminals rushed for their servers during two months or so, provider reacted to every abuse, but spamhaus listed them with explaination "Just to much crap" and their SBL Policy Team just not replying. I've even seen livejournal and twitter in their SBL.

Today I received another spam from telecomitalia. Check this out:

ht tp://pastebin.com/uEkTbm0Y

I checked the ip this spam origin and it looks like no one listing it, neither spamhaus not everyone else.

http://multirbl.valli.org/dnsbl-lookup/88.46.238.118.html

Admin edit: unknown URL broken so as to prevent any 'accidents' .... unsnipped quoted material also removed.

Archived