Interface

When running through (web)mail in Spamcop, I am repeatedly struck by the total inconsistency of the interface. Having marked a message as spam, I get the next message on screen with a comment above "this message has been marked as spam". No, the previous one was. :-(

And if I then want to toggle onto the next message, the arrow has moved (it's now lower because the message above shifts it down. And if the message happens to be longer than a page, then the arrow has moved left too, because of the scroll bar.

It MUST be possible to make at least the essential message back and forward arrows stay in the same place :-(

It looks quite pretty, but has clearly NOT been designed for use. PLEASE try to improve the usibility of the SPamcop webmail interface, it's POTENTIALLY the easiest and fastest way to report spam, but right now, it's CLUDGY...

Rgds

Martin

Minor detail (perhaps?) but not mentioned is your browser, screen settings, etc.

15998[/snapback]

Firefox 0.9.3.with a 1280 x 1024 screen... full screen or window. But I can't see this making any difference. I would most like a two pane window (like a mail reader) with headers above and one body below...

In addition, I not ehtta it is not possible to mark several messages and then report them as spam. Only the first gets marked and removed.

Rgds

Martin

Firefox 0.9.3.with a 1280 x 1024 screen... full screen or window. But I can't see this making any difference.

It doesn't, and that's my configuration also.

I would most like a two pane window (like a mail reader) with headers above and one body below...

I don't think that's likely in the near future. The SpamCop webmail interface is not entirely custom-programmed. It is an open-source product called "IMP" which is part of the "Horde project" (www.horde.org - but the website is currently not responding as I write this). It is what it is, although some customization is possible.

But in my experience of using the following webmail interfaces,

[at]pen Webmail

Neomail

Hotmail

Yahoo Mail

Juno

AOL Webmail

not a single one of them offer a mail client-style two-pane interface. I suppose they could, but that's not currently in fashion, I suppose.

In addition, I not ehtta it is not possible to mark several messages and then report them as spam. Only the first gets marked and removed.

I disagree, and I just tested it. I just marked three messages and then clicked "Report as spam" and all three got reported and deleted. I'll agree that the popup confirmation message is erroneous, because it says "Are you sure you wish to report this message as spam?" (singular, even though I'm reporting multiple messages)

Perhaps your options are differently configured than mine, but that shouldn't make a difference.

dt

When marking messages, you are resticted to a single page view. If you view the next page of messages before acting on those that were marked on the first page, the markings are removed.

Not sure if this is actually your point or not, but seems to be related.

I would agree with DavidT that marking multiple messages for processing (moving, etc) works just fine in both the WebMail interface and the VER inteface.

So unless you can explain your situation is more detail (step by step listing of what you do and the results you get) I am afraid that we will be unable to provide much more assistance.

By the way you kind of miss the point of the question

Minor detail (perhaps?) but not mentioned is your browser, screen settings, etc.

15998[/snapback]

You answered the first two, browser, screen settings, but missed the third "etc" We tend to forget that we need to spell out requests in detail.

The etc refers to the interface you are connecting to (there are more than one)

Even within the individual interface there are multiple ways of doing the same thing.

So the point is - spell out what you are doing and what you are using to do it in a step by step listing including the results obtain, then we can be sure that we are on the same page and talking about the same thing. Otherwise everyone is simply making assumptions which far to often are incorrect.

Archived