How does POP in exactly work?

BigBen

a) does SpamCop check my other POP accounts periodically, without my intervention or,B) does it check them only when I log in or use my e-mail program to check mail at my SpamCop e-mail account?

Option "a" - every 15 minutes. It will do that for POP accounts (although it's better to have those automatically forwarded to your SpamCop address instead), AOL, Hotmail, and Yahoo Mail accounts.

DT

Option "a" - every 15 minutes. It will do that for POP accounts (although it's better to have those automatically forwarded to your SpamCop address instead), AOL, Hotmail, and Yahoo Mail accounts.

DT

16963[/snapback]

Hi David,

Thank you for the (15 min.) info! I couldn't find any anywhere else ...

Indeed I could have my e-mail forwarded to my SpamCop account, but ... that brings me to another question: What's the storage capacity of my SpamCop e-mail account? ( I wouldn't want it cause mails bouncing back because of exceding the storage limit.)

Thanks a lot!

BigBen.

<snip>

another  question: What's the storage capacity of my SpamCop e-mail account?

<snip>

17070[/snapback]

Hi, BigBen!

...Doing a "Search" for "limit" in this forum, among others I see a reference to a thread called "Mailbox size?."

...Wazoo: I didn't see a reference to this in any of the pinned items in this forum. Would you please consider adding this information? ty

Thank you for the (15 min.) info! I couldn't find any anywhere else ...

Not your fault...it should be documented in the FAQ, but it isn't.

What's the storage capacity of my SpamCop e-mail account? ( I wouldn't want it cause mails bouncing back because of exceding the storage limit.)

There used to be a 15-megabyte limit, but it's not currently enforced. Here's a related topic link:

http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=2026

DT

OK, though I will agree to any of the incoming complaints that it does actually suck as far as being an actual FAQ entry, I knocked out a piece of commentary to try to explain where and why the "actual" answer is "out there" .... incorporated a bit of history, a bit of problems and effects, and even the "not currently enforced" scenario ... There is now an entry in the FAQ for the Quota/Limit of a SpamCop E-Mail account ...

OK, though I will agree to any of the incoming complaints that it does actually suck as far as being an actual FAQ entry, I knocked out a piece of commentary to try to explain where and why the "actual" answer is "out there" .... incorporated a bit of history, a bit of problems and effects, and even the "not currently enforced" scenario ... There is now an entry in the FAQ for the Quota/Limit of a SpamCop E-Mail account ...

17082[/snapback]

...Thx! No problem as far as I'm concerned with the "quality" -- I just don't want to have to type the same answer over and over again but just include a link to the FAQ.

or the timing of which comes first .. "how much storage" or "I read the FAQ and I still want to know how much storage" .... I'm still laughing about a query just made that had two answers offered the last time the user asked the same question .. I don't feel too bad about being ignored, Ellen was blown off also <g>

Archived