message-ids have changed...

Lately, when reporting spam from the held mail screen, this is the kind of response that appears after I click the "report and trash immediately" option. A couple of the spams get reported but most seem to trigger the "message-ids have changed" statements. Any explanation for this behavior?

Submitted message 51725 for reporting

Moved message 51725 to trash

Message-ids have changed, cannot alter 51726

Message-ids have changed, cannot alter 51727

Message-ids have changed, cannot alter 51728

Message-ids have changed, cannot alter 51729

Message-ids have changed, cannot alter 51730

Message-ids have changed, cannot alter 51731

Message-ids have changed, cannot alter 51732

Message-ids have changed, cannot alter 51733

Message-ids have changed, cannot alter 51734

Message-ids have changed, cannot alter 51735

Message-ids have changed, cannot alter 51736

Database error submitting spam for reporting.

Moved message 51737 to trash

Message-ids have changed, cannot alter 51738

Message-ids have changed, cannot alter 51739

Message-ids have changed, cannot alter 51740

• 4 weeks later...

VER appears to be very sensitive to changes (other than additions via incoming spam) in the contents of your Held Mail Folder. Please try to avoid using Refresh and manipulating your Held Mail Folder while using VER. Also, you should consider using the Held Mail Folder in Webmail to handle its spam rather than using VER.

OK, so what is VER?

FWIW, there is a problem with Windows XP Service Pack 2 that causes DNS weirdness (Page Cannot Be Displayed). After checking the Net, I discovered that this problem can be sort of fixed by disabling the pop-up stopper in IE. Since I've done that, I haven't had the problem that I wrote about initially in this message.

The pop-up stopper in the Google toolbar does not cause the same issues.

webdoyenne

VER appears to be very sensitive to changes (other than additions via incoming spam) in the contents of your Held Mail Folder.  Please try to avoid using Refresh and manipulating your Held Mail Folder while using VER.  Also, you should consider using the Held Mail Folder in Webmail to handle its spam rather than using VER.

19364[/snapback]

FWIW, there is a problem with Windows XP Service Pack 2 that causes DNS weirdness (Page Cannot Be Displayed). 

Can you provide a few reputable references on this issue? (links, maybe even to Microsoft, mentioning this issue)

VER = Very Easy Reporting, which is web-based reporting of your SC Held Mail, but not through the webmail interface. It's described in the FAQ found on this site...at this address:

http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=163

DT

In addition to the FAQ entry already note, this item was even added to the Glossary a few days back.  Does it need more of a definition?

19376[/snapback]

I think that more appropriate would be a definition that mentioned that VER will have no new development and that the preferred method of reporting spam in Held Mail is Webmail via the secure or insecure method. Also, pointers in the Glossary to resources with more information, like FAQ Entry: What is Quick Reporting? in this case and RFCs in some other cases like SMTP, would be helpful.

Archived