External POP Server access

Spamcop Mail has been automatically picking up messages for me from an external POP server at www.neilmaybin.com for almost a year. Since last Friday this has been failing with the message "Cannot find server". I had not changed parameters at either the Spamcop or the external POP server since the Spring. Indeed, I have no problem POPing to the same external server from Microsoft Entourage. But as a result of this I am now being deluged with spam which would otherwise have been filtered! Any idea on what has changed?

Can't say that anything has changed. FAQ entry and previous discussion usually go with that the events were ... your ISP server quit responding for some reason .. after so many re-tries, the SpamCop server quit. First step in "repairing" things is to get into your Preferences and twiddle some bits, like resetting your password, worst case, deleting that server and adding it back in. There is some time lag, and naturally, you're bound to hit at the end of each cycle, so you'll have to wait a bit (an hour or so to be safe) to see if things get back on track ....

First step in "repairing" things is to get into your Preferences and twiddle some bits, like resetting your password, worst case, deleting that server and adding it back in.  There is some time lag, and naturally, you're bound to hit at the end of each cycle, so you'll have to wait a bit (an hour or so to be safe) to see if things get back on track ....

21700[/snapback]

Actually, such changes appear to happen pretty rapidly.

Not sure if this is related, but there seems to be a serious problem with the DNS for "neilmaybin.com":

http://dnsreport.com/tools/dnsreport.ch?do...=neilmaybin.com

Look at the red flags regarding the nameservers.

DT

21739[/snapback]

spamcop.net]Good Site Thanks entered my email address seems perfect

Archived