my mail is no longer coming

this is the second time my mail has just suddenly stopped coming in from spamcop. it was working fine and then all of a sudden on dec. 21 *poof* no more new emails coming in.

this is the second time i've stopped receiving email. the first time it was down for a week before i noticed. it was because spamcop changed their system.

this service is pretty much worthless if i keep losing email. i'd rather go through the loads of spam and delete them manually, than loose a week+ worth of email.

it was because spamcop changed their system.

How long ago was this as I do not remember this happening?

I have received 6 spam messages in the last 30 minutes (when I last reported spam) and ~125 in the last 24 hours, both on course with normal activity.

Have you checked that the messages are NOT in the held mail folder?

How are you getting messages to the spamcop server? Forward from remote system? POP from spamcop system?

Also, are you trying to get these messages from the SpamCop Email System via POP, IMAP, HTTP, and/or Forward, and what error messages or timeouts are you getting (if any)?

I'm not aware of the "SpamCop changed their system, so I lost e-mail" occurrences, though again, not an e-mail user. As Steven points out, you've not identifed a number of things, even the actual "lost mail" situation. Are you talking about e-mail forwarded from SpamCop to your ISP ... bringing up the possibility of your ISP adding in some filters (several Topics here have related this as being the cause) ... You've not mentioned any troubleshooting ... have you turned off any Forwarding and checked to ensure that all accounts are actually receiving e-mail .. then stepping through the Forwarding action (with CC: to another address if necessary) to find out where the stoppage is? Have you checked the FAQ here? Have you "touched" your Preferences/Set-up and did the traffic re-start?

The only time I ever remember a problem with lost messages was when a did a test and deleted my heldmail folder and was unable to recreate it. Some messages were lost in the time period prior to SpamCop adminstration recreating my HeldMail folder.

There have been occasional service outages, but they have generally be very short, usually in the area of minutes, not days, with messages simply being delayed, not lost.

Please tell us exactly how you are using the system and someone will be glad to try to help.

Please do not follow sponge_bob's example and refuse to tell us the specifics unless of course you simply what to be like him, a complain troll who does not really what any help just want to rant and let off steam.

Archived