Response time

Lking

I've noticed significant slowing of ALL of the various SpamCop systems today, including the parsing/reporting system, the mail servers, and even the forums, but to a lesser degree. It might just be a busy Monday.

DT

I was thinking it was just me. I've been getting 32-45 minute response times for a month or so. I tend to have my sessions in the wee hours PST, and thought this just might not be the optimum time to report.

The Statistics Tab indicates low volume during these times, so I've been wondering why the delay.

As a result of this lag time, I only report about 10% of the spam I used to report.

rooster

boundary bay, b.c.

I was thinking it was just me. I've been getting 32-45 minute response times for a month or so.

28430[/snapback]

Well, your problem might be different than the one being reported here because recently until yesterday (5/24/2005) turnaround for both of my accounts has been less than 5 minutes. I have been seeing the 30-45 minute delays the last 2 days, however.

You should llok over the timing of the headers in the reply you receive to see where your delay is being introduced. Post the information here if you need a hand figuring it out.

I feel obliged to state what all must know. Turnaround time is as good as 0 right now.

Workload is about the same as it was yesterday. The trolls should take all the credit they can.

Trolls indeed. Slow at odd times (including sluggish handling pasting into the parser), the spamgraphs show nothing out of the ordinary. Only significant delay for email is in the processing. e.g. (all UIT, +0000)

27/05/2005 14:14:55 PM Handed on by sy.au.prserv.net (for parsing)

27/05/2005 16:01:59 PM Received from vmx2.spamcop.net (ready to report)

(1h 47m 4s)

but 11 hours later (current)

28/05/2005 1:18:56 AM Handed on by sy.au.prserv.net

28/05/2005 1:21:57 AM Received from vmx1.spamcop.net

(0h 3m 1s)

I notice when processing is slow that most (maybe 70-80%) of the addresses I report are not in the SCBL. May mean nothing but usually only about 30-40%* or less have avoided SpamCop attention by the time I report them (the spam I get is mostly all "mainstream", Hall of Shame stuff). There is a possibility that the extent of the SCBL is degraded a little at these times. But the volume of reporting seems unexceptional. A puzzle.

* OK, I have to retract that - nice, quick response for hours but 75% not on the SCBL. Must have just been a cluster before - or maybe those little devils have spawned (considering the way they spend their Friday nights, that would surprise me).

Archived