White List

dbiel

I am having problems finding and adding to the white list

Your help menu lists

Filters: Edit Whitelist

Edit Your Whitelist

Click on "Edit your whitelist" to proceed to the page where you can add, delete, and edit the list of e-mail addresses you ALWAYS accept mail from.

But when I go to filters the only options are:

Filter Settings << SpamCop Tools | Message Viewing >>

Edit your filter rules

Filter Options

Apply filter rules upon logging on?

Apply filter rules whenever INBOX is displayed?

Allow filter rules to be applied in any mailbox?

Show the filter icon on the menubar?

Any suggestions?

your words read:

1. "click on 'Edit your whitelist'"

2. but when I go to filters ....

maybe you're typing exactly what you see, but I'll ask ... did you "click on 'edit your whitelist' " ????

you do show a "Edit your filter rules", but don't indicate whther that's a clickable item, nor whether you clicked on it or not ...

The SpamCop Email System has two whitelisting capabilities.

The SpamCop Personal Whitelist is accessed via the Whitelist link on the Webmail Held Mail Folder Message Page, the Personal Whitelist Page (via "Webmail / Options / Mail Management / SpamCop Tools / Manage your personal whitelist."), and the "whitelist sender" Actions on the VER Page. The effect of the SpamCop Personal Whitelist happens only when a message is received via SMTP.

The IMP Filter Rules are accessed via http://webmail.spamcop.net/horde/ingo/filters.php and include many ways to whitelist an email by filing it in a particular Folder/mailbox. The Rules only happen when you want them to happen (Login, Refresh, and/or when you push the funnel-shaped Filter Button).

Thank you Jeff

Your information is very helpful

How should requests to "correct/update" information in the "Help" menu of

WebMail be sent?

It seems that Wazoo did not understand what I had originally wrote so I will restate it much clear layout and in much greater detail.

In the WebMail window (when viewing your INBOX) there is a icon in the top menu bar called "Help" It is found between the two icons "Options" on the left and "Address Book" on the right.

When you click on "Help" you see a list of help Topics including:

Filters: Apply

Filters: Edit Filter Rules

Filters: Edit Blacklist

Filters: Filter on Login

When you click on "Filters: Edit Whitelist" the following is dispayed:

Edit Your Whitelist

Click on "Edit your whitelist" to proceed to the

page where you can add, delete, and edit the list

of e-mail addresses you ALWAYS accept mail

from.

The above instructions do not give any indication of how to get to "Edit your whitelist"

The instructions Jeff wrote were of great help and should be included in the help information

Thank you for your assistance

I've admitted elsewhere that I don't use the e-mail side of the house, so no, I don't know the specifics ... I was just trying to help, but not knowing the exact layout, I could only go with what you took the time to post ... thus my questions on the steps you'd shown / taken ... hey, I'm willing to look stupid if it helps others fill in the gaps ...

Documentation has always been one of SpamCop's weak points, but JeffG has been doing what he can with the Pinned FAQs you see at the opening window of each Forum (which hasn't been around all that long) ... Though I don't believe his reach extends to the Web-Mail page itself ...

As you've been fresh through the process, take what JeffG offered, expand it if needed, and post it here so he can use it to help others ...

Part of the problem I believe is that the SpamCop webmail application is a commercial package (hoard imp) with modifications made for SpamCop specific needs (personal whitelist). I think the Help section inside of Webmail is completely vanilla about the underlying application and nothing about the changes.

Archived