IMAP Enhanced IDLE command supported?

Hi!

It seems that currently the IMAP server of spamcop does not support the enhanced IDLE mode of the IMAP protocol.

With this mode it wouldbe possible to be notified immediately when a mail arrives without the need to check regularly if new mail exist.

Any chance that this will be implemented in future?

Thanks,

Michael

Easy guess on that would be to suggest hitting the Horde/IMP support forum for that .. if not listed, perhaps the opportunity to post a suggestion over there ..??? link is in the Forum FAQ among other places ...

Ok, in that case ....

no one has answered a query asked in 2001 for this capability .. found at http://freshmeat.net/projects/courier-imap/

http://www.courier-mta.org/imapd.html seems to suggest that Courier-IMAP "can" be configured for it, but then goes on to state that the client support for the "idle" thing is pretty much unknown ....

All that said and a bit of research done, I'm back to stating that I don't have a SpamCop e-mail account, so ... just doing the best I can ....

Sue, Courier-IMAP is capable of supporting Enhanced IDLE. But as you already stated it must be configured.... And it seems not configured at Spamcop so I would like to know if this is planned for the futute ...

Thanks,

Michael

Sue,

Who ...????

Courier-IMAP is capable of supporting Enhanced IDLE. But as you already stated it must be configured.... And it seems not configured at Spamcop so I would like to know if this is planned for the futute ...

How about a different approach .. suggesting that the current / old stuff probably won't be something to be modified ... perhaps jumping on the Beta / new e-mail system might be of some benefit ...??? http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=3572

Not Sue ... should have been "Sure" :-)

I would already liked to test the beta version and sent a mail to Jeff some weeks agobut got no response. I just tried again :-)

Michael

I think the beta is only for a new webmail client (which is an IMAP client), not for a new IMAP server. I am a beta tester, but I am definitely testing only webmail features. For IMAP access, I use the same IMAP server (imap.spamcop.net) as everybody else.

I think the beta is only for a new webmail client (which is an IMAP client), not for a new IMAP server. I am a beta tester, but I am definitely testing only webmail features. For IMAP access, I use the same IMAP server (imap.spamcop.net) as everybody else.

29027[/snapback]

That is absolutely correct.

That is what I did understand also.

But, Jeff: What's about the Enhanced Idle Mode on the IMAP server? Any plans to support this?

29051[/snapback]

I don't know, please ask JT. Thanks!

Archived