[Resolved] Reading html attachments in Mozilla/Firefox

ob1db

OK, I will PROBABLY feel dumb when I get the answer here, but here goes:

When using Mozilla or Firefox on my Win 2K system, clicking on attachments or on the message source button has no effect. This happens with popups on or off.

Formerly, when I clicked on either, the desired item opened in a new window. If I right click on the html attachment, I can get an open dialog, but this step was not previously necessary.

What do I have set wrong ? Other Spamcop functions open new windows with no problem, so I am bamboozled on this one!

Thanks

David

PS: did not see this topic in recent threads

The symptoms you describe are consistent with blocking java scri_pt from webmail.spamcop.net - please don't do that if you want to use such features as "Select All", "Message Source", and "View Attachment". Thanks!

The symptoms you describe are consistent with blocking java scri_pt from webmail.spamcop.net - please don't do that if you want to use such features as "Select All", "Message Source", and "View Attachment".  Thanks!

36340[/snapback]

Nope, java scri_pt is on full....

Which "select all" function do you mean ?

I can select all messages on a page by checking the box at the top of the columns.

Any other ideas?

PS: Explorer is working fine on same machine but I hate losing all the features of Mozilla and Firefox.

David

Which "select all" function do you mean ?

I can select all messages on a page by checking the box at the top of the columns.

36342[/snapback]

That's what I meant. Let's get more specific. In the source for a Webmail page showing the ability to click on an unnamed [text/html] attachment, I see the following:
<td><a href="" onclick="view('/horde/imp/view.php?popup_view=1&index=743&mailbox=INBOX.w&actionID=view_attach&id=1&mimecache=b226bcf994f2093956fda6ab5db3a84f', '1'); return false;" onmouseout="window.status='';" onmouseover="window.status='View unnamed'; return true;">unnamed</a> </td>
<td>[text/html] </td>
<scri_pt language="java scri_pt" type="text/java scri_pt">
<!--

function tr(badval)
{
    retval = '';
    for (i = 0; i < badval.length; i++) {
        if (badval.charAt(i) == '.') {
            retval += '_';
        } else {
            retval += badval.charAt(i);
        }
    }
    return retval;
}

function view(url, partid)
{
    param = "menubar=yes,toolbar=no,location=no,status=no,scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes";
    window.open(url, '172441e68e31708a0c02572c4b53325f' + tr(partid), param);
}

// -->
</scri_pt>

Do you see similar sections in the source of your Webmail page? Thanks!

Send your account details via PM ... Identify one of these e-mails with the "problem" ... That will let me take a look at that e-mail and see if I can offer something specific.

35596[/snapback]

As stated above, this wasn't followed up on either.

Have you tried restarting your Mozilla, Firefox, OS, and or computer? Are you running the latest Mozilla and Firefox?

Please note that, at least with Firefox 1.0.7 for Windows, it can take a while after you close the application for firefox.exe to disappear from the Task List.

OK . logged in ... then realized that a specific e-mail wasn't mentioned in the PM ... so looked for a 'large' one .... picked one dated [Thu, Nov 10, 05 04:14:26 AM EST] .... (97 of 1421) ... December 12th, 2005 in Subject Line ... (#1324)

FireFox 1.0.7 under Win-98SE ....

clicked on "unnamed" .... new browser window opened up, HTML encoded page there

clicked on "Message Source" ... another browser window opened up, souce code of e-mail there

Sorry, couldn't duplicate your issue ....

OK . logged in ... then realized that a specific e-mail wasn't mentioned in the PM ... so looked for a 'large' one ....  picked one dated [Thu, Nov 10, 05 04:14:26 AM EST] .... (97 of 1421) ... December 12th, 2005 in Subject Line ... (#1324)

FireFox 1.0.7 under Win-98SE ....

clicked on "unnamed" .... new browser window opened up, HTML encoded page there

clicked on "Message Source" ... another browser window opened up, souce code of e-mail there

Sorry, couldn't duplicate your issue ....

36362[/snapback]

After taking my previous advice, if it still didn't work, I'd suggest that David reinstall Mozilla and Firefox to try to fix this problem.

After taking my previous advice, if it still didn't work, I'd suggest that David reinstall Mozilla and Firefox to try to fix this problem.

36363[/snapback]

This is a fresh install of Firefox 1.07 !!!

When I get my other laptop back, I will confirm that the buttons work on it and see if I can find any different settings.

Anyone else have any suggestions????

David

-=-=-=-

Well, figure this one out: restarting Firefox DID fix this issue. Wish I knew which setting change was the one that did it, darn it.

-=-=-=-

Well, not QUITE resolved for certain. When I let my computer go to sleep, it woke up not working again. I re-enabled java scri_pt permission to change status bar text, quit Firefox and restarted. Now the buttons are working...

Hmmm. Strange.

I will report further adventures, as a LOT of spam has been leaking through and I wish to report some samples, once I can see source reliably.

Moderator Edit: Merged multiple posts into this one. Also tagged Topic as Resolved - not a SpamCop / SpamCop e-mail account / server problem

I will report further adventures, as a LOT of spam has been leaking through and I wish to report some samples, once I can see source reliably.

36376[/snapback]

If you can not use the View Source, you should still be able to report spam by using the old VER interface, available by clicking the Report spam button then the Held Mail tab of the reporting interface. Just move the spam to the Held Mail folder inside of webmail first.

If you can not use the View Source, you should still be able to report spam by using the old VER interface, available by clicking the Report spam button then the Held Mail tab of the reporting interface.  Just move the spam to the Held Mail folder inside of webmail first.

36396[/snapback]

Yes, but I cannot see SpamAssassin scores, etc.

HELP! The problem is BACK, cannot view source or attachments with all settings unchanged...

Yes, but I cannot see SpamAssassin scores, etc.

36500[/snapback]

VER provides the specific reason a message was caught, including SpamAssassin score and you can still look at the message source by clicking the message.

Personally, I prefer the webmail interface (Report as spam for Held Mail, Forward for false negatives)

Please see my replies (probably on the previous page) at Linear Post #11 and Linear Post #13. Thanks!

Also, please note that firefox.exe v1.0.7 appears to eat more and more memory (both RAM and Virtual Memory) the longer I use it on my Win2000Pro, that it starts getting weird and slow the more it eats, and that such weirdness may be affecting you, too. Specifically, I've been keeping my autorefreshing SpamCop Webmail and Gmail sessions in separate (and therefore separately killable) instances of IE lately, which has vastly improved the amount of time I can spend in Firefox before it gets weird and slow.

Archived