SpamCop Email Reporting on the blink again

petzl

Gateway Timeout

The proxy server did not receive a timely response from the upstream server.

Reference #1.ec2686cb.1139051231.39d8d1

40024[/snapback]

According to Wazoo's stats page, there was a performance dip for the SpamCop Parsing and Reporting Service from about 06:00 to 06:15 EST -0500 (11:00-11:15 UTC -0000). mailsc.spamcop.net is a part of the SpamCop Parsing and Reporting Service which is dedicated for the exclusive use of SpamCop Email System Customers, and it is operated by SpamCop Admins and Ironport System Administration personnel Mike B and Tom A. Normal problems with mailsc.spamcop.net should be discussed in the "SpamCop Reporting Help" Forum - only if you can't login to mailsc.spamcop.net or its VER has a problem contacting the SpamCop Email System should you even think about contacting JT or posting about your problem in the "SpamCop Email System & Accounts".

As this Topic appears to be related to the general stabilitiy issues with the SpamCop Parsing and Reporting Service, I am moving it to the "SpamCop Reporting Help" Topic.

As this Topic appears to be related to the general stabilitiy issues with the SpamCop Parsing and Reporting Service, I am moving it to the "SpamCop Reporting Help" Topic.

40036[/snapback]

You are correct.

I saw a short issue after I posted above. I was logged into webmail and forwarded a spam from my inbox with no problem. I had already used the Report as spam link from within webmail with no problem, so when I found another message in my held mail, I decided to try the VER interface. I logged into the reporting page with no problem but I got an error message similiar to the original message when I went to the Held Mail page. Going back to reporting and back to Held Mail worked for me immediately. It seems to be spamcop's west coast operation having problems reaching the east coast mail store, at least from what I saw.

You are correct. 

I saw a short issue after I posted above.  I was logged into webmail and forwarded a spam from my inbox with no problem.  I had already used the Report as spam link from within webmail with no problem, so when I found another message in my held mail, I decided to try the VER interface.  I logged into the reporting page with no problem but I got an error message similiar to the original message when I went to the Held Mail page.  Going back to reporting and back to Held Mail worked for me immediately.  It seems to be spamcop's west coast operation having problems reaching the east coast mail store, at least from what I saw.

40045[/snapback]

First time I had this?

I looked at spamcop.spam and saw others having same problem

As I understand Spamcop changes IP's on same sort of rotation and sometimes this change is not immediately propergated meaning many ISP's take a short while to find the new spamcop IP address?

This came about some time ago when spammers were DOS attacking SpamCop forcing Julian to save SpamCop by partnering with IronPort (which is a very good alliance both ways)

First time I had this?

One ancient Topic here that includes dialog I had with someone at Akamai, basically ending up that they wouldn't talk to me.

I looked at spamcop.spam and saw others having same problem

I don't monitor the spamcop.spam newsgroup, but did see your challenge/attempted pointer to a post I made in the spamcop newsgroup.

As I understand Spamcop changes IP's on same sort of rotation and sometimes this change is not immediately propergated meaning many ISP's take a short while to find the new spamcop IP address?

It's not SpamCop.net changing IP addresses, it's the Akamai servers doing things.

This came about some time ago when spammers were DOS attacking SpamCop forcing Julian to save SpamCop by partnering with IronPort (which is a very good alliance both ways)

40047[/snapback]

Not sure of the actual timing .... the use of Akamai services to work around the DDoS attacks was made known much prior to the IronPort deal .. though noting that the IronPort announcement was made several months after it had happened ... it is possible that it was IronPort's money that allowed for the Akamai configuration to happen (though none of my business) .. I seem to recall some numbers like a couple of thousand U.S. dollars a month for the 'protection' of the Akamai configuration .....

Archived