No Spamcop response

jwr4

Usually, when spam is forwarded to Spamcop, an email is received with seconds, at the most a minute or so, with a link to report it.

During the past week to ten days I have forwarded a dozen or more spam emails to Spamcop and have received no response of any type. Anyone know why?

A FAQ item, have you looked there?

The typical scenario is that the registered e-mail address has been flagged as bouncing .. the second-most popular item is the reporting account being hammered due to violating reporting rules.

A FAQ item, have you looked there?

The typical scenario is that the registered e-mail address has been flagged as bouncing .. the second-most popular item is the reporting account being hammered due to violating reporting rules.

41626[/snapback]

And of course, the ever popular ISP blocking/dropping submittals or replies as spam.

Usually, when spam is forwarded to Spamcop, an email is received with seconds, at the most a minute or so, with a link to report it.

During the past week to ten days I have forwarded a dozen or more spam emails to Spamcop and have received no response of any type. Anyone know why?

41625[/snapback]

Try logging into your account at http://www.spamcop.net/ to see if you can determine what the problem is. If our mail to you bounced, your account will have been automatically suspended. There will be a button you can use to resolve the bounce issue. If your account has been administratively disabled, you will be informed of that fact when you log in.

- Don D'Minion - SpamCop Admin -

service[at]admin.spamcop.net

One of the pages I was on shows I am already logged in, but I clicked the link you posted and tried to log in there as you suggested. All I get is a "login failed" message. Is this because I am already logged in?

I've been unable to locate a button anywhere to reslove a possible bounce issue. Where is that found?

On the page where it states I am logged in as JWR4, there's no mention of the account being disabled.

Try logging into your account at http://www.spamcop.net/ to see if you can determine what the problem is.  If our mail to you bounced, your account will have been automatically suspended.  There will be a button you can use to resolve the bounce issue.  If your account has been administratively disabled, you will be informed of that fact when you log in.

41636[/snapback]

I've been unable to locate a button anywhere to reslove a possible bounce issue. Where is that found?

On the page where it states I am logged in as JWR4, there's no mention of the account being disabled.

Try logging into your account at http://www.spamcop.net/ to see if you can determine what the problem is.  If our mail to you bounced, your account will have been automatically suspended.  There will be a button you can use to resolve the bounce issue.  If your account has been administratively disabled, you will be informed of that fact when you log in.

41636[/snapback]

What SpamCopAdmin suggested is ONE posable problem. An other is as suggested by StevenUnderwood

And of course, the ever popular ISP blocking/dropping submittals or replies as spam.

Have you checked with your ISP to see if they are just dropping messages from SpamCop.net on the floor? It happens.

41625[/snapback]

I had the same problem. Spamcop has changed the Subject line. This made my system handle those messages differently.

Subject: SpamCop has accepted 2 emails for processing

Date sent: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 20:16:22 GMT

Subject: [spamCop] has accepted 11 emails for processing

Date sent: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 06:12:21 GMT

Hope this will help.

ukah

Spamcop has changed the Subject line. This made my system handle those messages differently.

Subject: SpamCop has accepted 2 emails for processing

Date sent: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 20:16:22 GMT

Subject: [spamCop] has accepted 11 emails for processing

Date sent: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 06:12:21 GMT

41688[/snapback]

Also, please be aware that "Subject: SpamCop Quick reporting data" changed to "Subject: [spamCop] Quick reporting data" on Tue, 28 Mar 2006 between 01:25:03 and 17:43:21 EST -0500 (between 06:25:03 and 22:43:21 UTC -0000).

Archived