"SpamCop could nt find your spam message in this"

hello experts,

in the last days I get more and more spam mails which seem to contain no body.

The Answer from SPAMCOP will be always:

"SpamCop encountered errors while saving spam for processing:

SpamCop could not find your spam message in this email:"

even if I can see clearly the message body mostly consisting of a single image.

If I copy and paste the content to the online reporting window I get the error message: "Error: Couldn't parse head".

Can somebody tell me how to report this kind of spam correctly ?

thanks

Jochen from Germany

The mostly likely cause is an incomplete copy of the headers are being pasted into the window, so a couple of questions as to how you are doing it.

1) what email program are you using to view you mail?

2) state exactly how you copy the headers and body.

hello experts, 

There are several threads about spam without a body. The spamcop parser sees this as an error, thinking that there was an error in the submission process. One suggestion has been that after pasting the header into the online window to add {No body received} with at least one (1) blank line between the header and the "body."

If you are receiving this error when using email to submit spam for processing there are several possibilities.

1) the spam properly attached does not have a body, as above. There is no easy answer. Personally, I don't report spam without bodys it's just a pain. I have enough others to report.

2) An other possibility is that after you press <send> to submit attached spam, you delete the spam from you mail ap before it is copied and sent. You can check this by looking at the copy of your submition in "sent mail". If the attachment is missing you were to fast with the delete button.

There are other possibilities, but as dbiel said we need more information about your process.

If I  copy and paste the content to the online reporting window I get the error message: "Error: Couldn't parse head". 

thanks 

Jochen from Germany 

42704[/snapback]

dbiel addressed this problem. <_<

hello experts,

If I  copy and paste the content to the online reporting window I get the error message: "Error: Couldn't parse head".

thanks

Jochen from Germany

42704[/snapback]

If you are seeing the image, you are not seeing the "source" of the message, which is what spamcop needs. Every one of these I have seen in my mailbox has as it's source HTML text in the body pointing to the attached image (to display it). There are probably other methods out there as well. I actually do not see alot of this type spam, but then I check all my messages with spamcop's webmail (text only) before letting my home machine retreive it in HTML format (for my wife).

42704[/snapback]

Please take a look at OE6 Secure handling of e-mail, Why Forward won't work for some backgound on "what you see" as compared to "what you report" ...

Archived