Unable to see Held folder using IMAP in MSO2k

Greetings:

Very new to SpamCop, and this is the first exposure I've had to using the IMAP protocol to manage mail -- but after using Jeff's step-by-step IMAP FAQ for Outlook, the "Held" mail folder doesn't show under the IMAP group as the FAQ describes it should. I've tried downloading and searching for folders on the server by various methods, to no avail; I've also checked to be sure there is actually mail IN the held folder using the Web interface, which it does. Still, Outlook can't seem to find it. Any ideas?

Only a guess from the dark side, but I'm guessing that this is a system generated box, so it probably won't exist until some incoming mail actually gets "moved" to there, after which, the next time you connect, it should show up.

Only a guess from the dark side, but I'm guessing that this is a system generated box, so it probably won't exist until some incoming mail actually gets "moved" to there, after which, the next time you connect, it should show up.

Thanks for the guess. That's what I thought. But there IS spam in the Held mail folder, visible through the Web interface. I can't personally move it to the Held fodler (if that's what you meant by "move") until it actually shows up as a folder...

In the meantime, two questions about forwarding spam that slips through: is it possible to forward to a QuickReport handler, rather than deal with each forwarded piece of spam with the lengthy one-by-one reports? I can't possibly take the time to respond to each of these... I'm getting really behind now, and it'd be great if there were a QuickReport interface that would knock them all out. For now I only seem to be able to use QuickReports by Web on mail caught in the Held folder.

The second question is really just asking for confirmation of the obvious -- forwarding several spams in one eMail wouldn't/shouldn't work, right?

OK, a third while I'm at it -- but I'll post elsewhere if need be: it appears as though people are able to access/manipulate their BLs and WLs; is there indeed someplace I can find what I've blacklisted and whitelisted to this point?

Danke in advance, folks -- A.

Can not help on your original question but as to the others:

is it possible to forward to a QuickReport handler, rather than deal with each forwarded piece of spam with the lengthy one-by-one reports?

A. If you can get IMAP working, you can transfer the messages back to the held mail folder (or any other folder you deem appropriate) and report directly from webmail using the "Report as spam" link. That is how I do it using Eudora as my MUA.

B. Submit a request to deputies<at>spamcop.net for access to email submissions for quick reporting. They will look over your reporting history and possibly grant you that capability. You would replace the submit in your email subbmission address with quick (quick.xxxxxxxxx[at]..). Since it looks like you are using Outlook, getting the report to work for email submit may require a third party software package.

forwarding several spams in one eMail wouldn't/shouldn't work, right?

It depends on if the submission is recognized correctly, but yes, in general you can submit multiple messages at one time. I think there is a limit of 100 K for the entire submission and 50 K for any single message within that submission, but someone can confirm that here.

it appears as though people are able to access/manipulate their BLs and WLs; is there indeed someplace I can find what I've blacklisted and whitelisted to this point?

That capability is available within the webmail application. Options, SpamCop Tools will bring you to the correct area.

Your welcome.

Greetings:

Very new to SpamCop, and this is the first exposure I've had to using the IMAP protocol to manage mail -- but after using Jeff's step-by-step IMAP FAQ for Outlook, the "Held" mail folder doesn't show under the IMAP group as the FAQ describes it should.  I've tried downloading and searching for folders on the server by various methods, to no avail; I've also checked to be sure there is actually mail IN the held folder using the Web interface, which it does.  Still, Outlook can't seem to find it.  Any ideas?

Here's how I have it setup in Outlook 2000 with SP-3 for that Outlook Mail Account:

Tools / Accounts / Properties / "IMAP" Tab / "Root folder path:" "Inbox" (without quotes - you can also leave this blank, making the Folder List longer and wider without additional functionality).

IMAP Folders (right-click the Account's name in the Folder List and click "IMAP Folders..."): All Folders are subscribed and I can see messages in my Held Mail Folder.

Please note that I am not using Outlook for production, just to verify the above.

Archived