Bug: Filter Rule "Destination" won't match 2nd recipient

If I set up a Horde (webmail) Filter rule that uses the "Destination (To, cc, bcc, etc)" test, does not match a destination if the matching address is NOT the FIRST recipient.

I started to create a bug report at http://bugs.horde.org/ but I don't know the version spamcop uses, nor whether I should file the bug against IMP (webmail) or Ingo (email filter rules). If anyone knows (or can tell me how to find out), please shout out.

Bug Details: I have several rules for mailing lists, so if a person sends the message to listname1[at]mailman.stc.org, the filter "Destination contains listname1" moves the message to the listname1 folder.

HOWEVER if a person sends the message to someone AND the list, such as

To: billyjoe[at]joe.com, listname1[at]mailman.stc.org

then the Destination rule never matches no matter how I set it. The rule DOES match using the To: field, but then it would not work if the sender were to CC the list.

My usual preference is to use the Sender field to test for list messages from the server; HOWEVER one person has been sending list messages to me as well as to listname1, and mailman is apparently smart enough to NOT send a duplicate to me via the list. I tried adjusting my rules to match it and couldn't.

I've spent entirely too long working on this today... .... .... :)

If I set up a Horde (webmail) Filter rule that uses the "Destination (To, cc, bcc, etc)" test, does not match a destination if the matching address is NOT the FIRST recipient.

Just noting that anyone wishing to get involved with this would want to see the actual rule you've tried to insert.

I started to create a bug report at http://bugs.horde.org/ but I don't know the version spamcop uses, nor whether I should file the bug against IMP (webmail) or Ingo (email filter rules). If anyone knows (or can tell me how to find out), please shout out.

Have you contacted JT/Trevor yet? There is a 'Problem' link on the web-mail interface, for one method.

Just noting that anyone wishing to get involved with this would want to see the actual rule you've tried to insert.

Here's the tooltip that displays when I hover over the name (the list isn't ACTUALLY called listname1 but I believe it's immaterial):

Sender contains "listname1-bounces" or
   To,Cc,Bcc,Resent-to contains "listname1[at]"
Deliver to folder: INBOX.lists.ListName1

This particular version of the filter includes both methods I used for these lists. The messages in question were not matched until I changed "To,Cc,Bcc,Resent-to" to "To" because I knew the list was in the "To" field.

Have you contacted JT/Trevor yet? There is a 'Problem' link on the web-mail interface, for one method.

I started to do that, but decided to post it on the forum first. The few times I used the Problem link I never got a response. It's worth a try.

EDIT: I used the Problem link and quickly got a response saying a trouble ticket has been opened.

Here's the tooltip that displays when I hover over the name (the list isn't ACTUALLY called listname1 but I believe it's immaterial):

Sender contains "listname1-bounces" or
   To,Cc,Bcc,Resent-to contains "listname1[at]"
Deliver to folder: INBOX.lists.ListName1

For fun, have you tried removing the [at] sign? Perhaps the parser has problems with special characters?

Just a wild guess at this point.

For fun, have you tried removing the [at] sign? Perhaps the parser has problems with special characters?

Just a wild guess at this point.

yes, I tried that, and also the other extreme -- including the entire email address, such as listname1[at]mailman.stc.org

Since it DID work when I specified the header exactly (in this case "To:"), but doesn't work when using the Recipient option, it's pretty clearly a bug in the code.

I wanted to open a bug with Horde but I hate to waste the developers' time when I can't even figure out what version spamcop is using.

AH ... I was just playing around with the Horde Services menus (I just added Sunrise/Sunset to my Home/Portal screen, which I almost never look at) and I pulled up Help and noticed an About link that gives me a version number. "This is Imp H3 (4.1.4)" and when I'm looking at the Filter rules, the About link gives me "This is Ingo H3 (1.2-cvs)."

SO with that info at least I can open a ticket with the Horde folks.

EDIT2: I just opened bug 7247 at bugs.horde.org

UPDATE -- Horde closed my ticket, marking it "Not a Bug." No hint of whether they even looked at it.

If you aren't the administrator, we can't help anyway. We can re-open this ticket if they talked to us directly.

I use Horde in several places, but I'm not "the administrator" in any of them. I guess if I decide I care enough about the bug I could either....

A. Install Horde on one of my own systems or accounts and test the bug there

B. Open a trouble ticket with a hosting company I use that has Horde and hope THEY open a ticket with Horde.org to get it fixed properly

Archived