webmail not responding

Darren S

I so rarely get the opportunity to forward an email to my spam reporting account (normally it lands in my Held Email bin and it is Quick Reporting after that). I submitted an email to my SC account at 15:58 ET and it arrived in my SC webmail at about 16:00. I followed the link but it didn't find accurate headers so I manually pasted it into the Outlook workaround form. This worked and I was ready to send the report when it took 2-3 minutes before I stopped it. I tried to login to webmail and it was unresponsive (timed out). Shall I just try again? I didn't want the same partial-report to get stuck mid-stream somewhere but also didn't want to lose it since it is being reported from my business email and I wanted to get the report emailed back to our Owner for his records.

Yep, it's knackered, I can't get to it either. Interestingly (and perhaps coencidentally), on the news page, there was an entry today:

[15:24 EDT] We have seen that scammers are sending out "phishing" emails again asking for SpamCop passwords. Please do not respond to these emails. There is nothing wrong with the system and we aren't asking for everyone's username and password. Thank you.

What is interesting is I just sent myself a test email and received it on my phone (Palm Treo's Outlook) so the email is working fine just the webmail portion is temporarily hosed for some of us. I can even see my Held Email bin but not Webmail.

Yep, IMAP/POP/SMTP are all working, as is mailsc. It looks like just the webmail interface is down.

IT'S ALIVE !!!!!! (as of about 17:00 ET)

I also see that when I select an email with the checkbox on the left side in webmail it highlights the whole line in yellow and prior to this outage I think it just selected the checkbox. Is that right or was I that non-observant that I never noticed before?

Now wondering if that was the duplicate post I deleted as I was reading this Topic?
There were (IIRC) just 2 posts, both by the O/P (Darren S) in the topic merged with this one. The first of those is in place (preceding the original topic starter - cherrick - in 'this' topic). But I don't see/can't tell about the second - nothing now seen seems to fit?

There were (IIRC) just 2 posts, both by the O/P (Darren S) in the topic merged with this one. The first of those is in place (preceding the original topic starter - cherrick - in 'this' topic). But I don't see/can't tell about the second - nothing now seen seems to fit?

Thanks Farelf and Wazoo. The order might be wacky because my post in the Reporting Help section was at 16:20 and appears as the first post here which was actually by cherrick and my second post in the other topic was at 16:46 I think. It all accomplishes the same thing though. I see that both of my posts with links go to to a dead link now, since the topic was merged to this one.

Moderator Edit: removed the now-nonexistent URL .. see no reason to leave it for the search engine bots.

Archived