Lost Email

Did something happen to the Spamcop email server yesterday? I logged into my spamcop email account and found that all my emails prior to 11 Feb were gone! :angry: That's over a year's worth of emails that I no longer have access to. :( Is there some way to contact an admin so I can find out what happened to my emails?

It was not a system wide problem if there were a problem because this is the first it has been mentioned. I usually don't keep any messages on the server so I don't have any messages that old. I do have messages in my inbox from 2/27 (my hard drive died), 2/25 in my Trash folder, and 2/21 in one other storage folder. All these are as expected.

You should contact JT (support<at>spamcop.net) with enough information to indicate your account and ask the question, but I don't believe there are backups done of the data.

What error message are you getting, and what protocol(s) are you using? I just got into webmail.spamcop.net just fine via both HTTPS and HTTP. This PC isn't allowed to use IMAP4 or POP3, so I can't check those at present.

Thanks!

Have had intermittant log in problems today (both IMAP to client software and webmail). Seems to be back up now, though somewhat slower than usual.

Newsgroup posting a couple of hours ago ... only thing I've seen on this;

There were issues this AM with an router upstream of the colo that was

sometimes responding but mostly not. Jeff worked with the colo and they

worked with the backbone provider (actually a couple of levels up from the

colo) to get the issue resolved. It affected very few users and about the

time he/they got a handle on what was happening they were able to get it

resolved.

Ellen

But, this shouldn't have anything to do with the original subject of this Topic.

Archived