forwarded spam

stones007

hi,

I forward "my" spam via outlook (imported from eudora) to "my" special adress to spamcop. Works great.

I recieve a SpamCop AutoResponder-mail with one link for each spam-mail to send the spam-report (to "confirm" the spam). Works fine, whe using cookie-login.

On this page I should check each spam-report. Okay, I accept - although I nearly do not understand.

When sending about 200 spam-mails each day (only spamcop-unknown!) it's rather nasty to check each spam-report while "searching" for the submit-button in the page. So normaly I only "search" the submit-button and do not check the report.

Couldn't you please put the submit-button on a fixed place on that page so that someone can check the report without "searching" the submit-button?!?

(Okay, sounds strange, but it's REALLY nasty to klick on that f*** submit-button which is on a different place in each report)

THANK YOU VERY MUCH (and a merry x-mas!)

... (Okay, sounds strange, but it's REALLY nasty to klick on that f*** submit-button which is on a different place in each report) ...

37356[/snapback]

Quick reporting may be the superior solution however there is always the Skip to Reports link which is always in the same place - the line beneath the tracking URL, immediately before the (variable) parsing detail :)

there is always the Skip to Reports link which is always in the same place - the line beneath the tracking URL, immediately before the (variable) parsing detail :)

37440[/snapback]

Also, the "Send spam Report(s) Now" Button is always two tabs forward from "Additional notes (optional - max 2000 characters):".

Quick reporting may be the superior solution however there is always the Skip to Reports link which is always in the same place - the line beneath the tracking URL, immediately before the (variable) parsing detail :)

37440[/snapback]

there is no skip to reports whe I logged in with cookie-support

An even when you skip it's not in the same place.

Have you looked at Quick Reporting? 

Miss Betsy 

37803[/snapback]

Not sure that Quick Reporting is a working answer.

I sent a request to service [at] admin.spamcop.net Don must be real busy I haven't gotten a yes, no, or thank you. I sent a test report that seems to go to the bit bucket.

To answer obvious questions, No submit.xxx[at] submissions are not blocked. paid account. Don't have spamcop email.

fixed my english (still a 2nd language)

I don't understand.

NOW the submit-button is AFTER presenting all the details. Why do you all protest against putting this button BEFORE presenting the details (like all the To:'s) in a fixed place?!? For example before the line "Please make sure this email IS spam"

We are told to check all the submitted emails and it's easier whe the submit-button is in a fixed position.

sorry, I can't understand that.

Martin

'We' are not protesting putting the submit button in the same place every time. It is just that we don't seem to have the same problem in finding the submit button. It must have something to do with how we cursor down or use the mouse.

If I had to make a guess, the reason it is not before the "To's" is because Julian expects you to read the "To's" before using the submit button. The technical details can be hidden entirely or skipped over because unless you are puzzled by the parser selection of "To's" you don't have to review every step. However, the parser is your tool for sending reports - making all the look ups, using user input to avoid sending to spammers, munging (if desired) and composing the report for you - so you should be satisfied that it has done its job properly before sending the report. It is also a good time for a last look at what you are submitting. Filtering is never completely accurate and even the best of us can mis-identify email. The more automatic, the more chance that one clicks to submit without seeing a mistake (or just after seeing the mistake! Have you never done that?).

In any event, the posters here have nothing to do with whether or not the feature is accepted. All we are doing is trying to clarify exactly what you want. Or in some cases pointing out to posters ways that already exist that somehow they missed or just hadn't thought of.

So, I am sorry that we don't seem to understand. If you think that your filtering is good enough that you rarely have a mistake and you have configured Mailhosts, then probably Quick Reporting would make you happier than a 'fixed' submit button.

Or to report fewer spam - say only the 10 most recent - where it is not an irritant to 'find' the submit button.

Since most people seem to choose one or the other of those options, it is unlikely that the people who can make the change will consider your request.

What bothers me is that 'we' can't seem to understand why the submit button keeps moving for you. There might be some other factor that we haven't considered.

Miss Betsy

'We' are not protesting putting the submit button in the same place every time.  It is just that we don't seem to have the same problem in finding the submit button.  It must have something to do with how we cursor down or use the mouse.

If I had to make a guess, the reason it is not before the "To's" is because Julian expects you to read the "To's" before using the submit button.  The technical details can be hidden entirely or skipped over because unless you are puzzled by the parser selection of "To's" you don't have to review every step.  However, the parser is your tool for sending reports - making all the look ups, using user input to avoid sending to spammers, munging (if desired) and composing the report for you - so you should be satisfied that it has done its job properly before sending the report.  It is also a good time for a last look at what you are submitting.  Filtering is never completely accurate and even the best of us can mis-identify email.  The more automatic, the more chance that one clicks to submit without seeing a mistake (or just after seeing the mistake!  Have you never done that?).

What bothers me is that 'we' can't seem to understand why the submit button keeps moving for you.  There might be some other factor that we haven't considered.

Miss Betsy

37824[/snapback]

Let me first tell, how I submit the spam:

In Eudora I move all the spam to a folder "Canadian Pharmacy".

The I open Outlook Express, import all the mails from the Canadian Ph.-folder and send the spam as an attachment to "my" spamcop-mail.

Spamcop sends back an email with one link for each spam-mail.

Then I click each link so I have 50 browser-windows with one report for each spam-mail. In Spamcop I logged in with cooke-support.

As there is one email-account that is looked as the spam-sender I have to check each report. And send it by clicking to the button "send spam report(s) now".

This button uns UNDER all the adresses with to:

Sometimes there are 1 or 2 adresses and sometimes 6 or 7. So the submit-button is each time in a different position. OF COURSE it is easy to find, but you have to look for it. But I prefer to look at the reports to check them.

That's why I asked for moving the submit-button to a different location - the best location would be

------------------------

SpamCop v 1.514 Copyright © 1998-2005, IronPort Systems, Inc. All rights reserved.

Here is your TRACKING URL - it may be saved for future reference:

http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z844375263z50...2799ac0a99067ez

------------------- HERE ---------------------

Please make sure this email IS spam:

From: "Clint Johnson" <emojkfr[at]okland.no> ([#djmsrul] Youngest girls in hard fu**ing. As in your dream.)

dream Young pre teen so mail beauty and young

Business will continue to go where invited and remain where appreciated.He who w

View full message

-------------------------------

because tis is the only place wich is a "fixed" place. After "View full message" is variable.

So everything clear?!?

So everything clear?!?

38211[/snapback]

Yes, but how would that promote that people actually look at where their reports are going? Please remember that you are using the spamcop toolset to send your own reports to the ISP's. It is not SpamCop sending the reports.

The only way to make sure people know where their reports are going is to have the Submit button AFTER those email addresses.

<snip>

As there is one email-account that is looked as the spam-sender I have to check each report. And send it by clicking to the button "send spam report(s) now".

This button uns UNDER all the adresses with to:

Sometimes there are 1 or 2 adresses and sometimes 6 or 7. So the submit-button is each time in a different position. OF COURSE it is easy to find, but you have to look for it. But I prefer to look at the reports to check them.

<snip>

So everything clear?!?

38211[/snapback]

...Yes, I think so -- thank you!

...Personally, I would not like to see your suggestion implemented. My reason is that IMHO the important part of reviewing this page is to ensure that the e-mail addresses to which SpamCop is offering to send your reports are reasonable; specifically, that you are not sending a report to your own ISP or MSP (unless they truly are the spam source) or an "innocent bystander," for example, someone whose web site is included in the spam without their knowledge or consent.

EDIT: Oops, StevenUnderwood posted essentially the same answer as mine as I was constructing mine! :) <g>

Spamcop sends back an email with one link for each spam-mail.

Then I click each link so I have 50 browser-windows with one report for each spam-mail. In Spamcop I logged in with cooke-support.

Most people find it easier to go the web page when they receive the report and use the 'Unreported spam' button rather than open 50 browser windows.

I am still a little confused about what you do when you 'check each report' If you are checking to see if they are spam, I think most people look at them in the place where they are filtered. NOT open them, but look at the sender and subject line which almost always doesn't need a further check but says loud and clear "This is spam". Once in a while, you may have to check the Message Source (which is what it is called in OE, but I don't know what it is called in other email applications) to make sure it is not something that could be correspondence from someone you want to get email from.

Then when you get to the reporting page, you double check that you didn't send a 'good' email by mistake as you click the submit button. Glancing at where the reports are going to sometimes triggers a second glance and catches a mistake before you hit the submit button. Then you can look at it again to make sure with the View button.

If you like your method, that's fine - except that the Submit button won't get moved probably because of the need for people to check where the reports are going before they submit them. If it were moved, then there would be all those people who will gripe because they can't see where the reports go without scrolling down and then back up to the submit button.

But perhaps using another method might make it easier. If you don't like the ones I have outlined, then I think there is a FAQ on ways that people use spamcop that might give you some ideas.

Miss Betsy

So everything clear?!? 

38211[/snapback]

Actual no its not clear.

A week ago (13 Dec 05) Miss Betsy suggested you try Quick reporting. In response I indicated there was a problem with this solution. I went away, started another thread, resolved my problem with Quick reporting and getting results, AND when I return to this thread you are still bickering about the layout of a page that is not seen if you would use quick reporting.

All the details about how you send spam to spamcop for parsing and reporting is informative. It also confirms that the suggestion made earlier that you try quick reporting is valid. The only change you would need to make is to replace the word "submit" with "quick" in your personal reporting addy. Then you can just wait. At some point (unless blocked) you will get a report from spamcop listing each spam you sent, a URL for that spam (just like you get now) AND a list of all the reports sent based on that spam. Done.

What doesn't happen is any reports being sent to any thing in the body of the spam. Not a bad trade. Some where you said 200 spam a day. that's what an hour and 40 min going through the pages you don't like and will not see using Quick reporting?

As Miss Betsy suggested, have you looked at Quick reporting? Read the FAQ, some restrictions do apply. B)

Archived