smtpsend connection error from smtp server (550 No expected reply from SMTP)

emanmb

I'm getting this message when trying to report spams.

"Cannot send mail:smtpOpen: smtpsend connection error from smtp server (550 No expected reply from SMTP)

Leave this page open and try 'reload' in a few minutes"

I refresh the page later and SOMETIMES it works and report is sent but it isn't working presently.

"Cannot send mail:smtpOpen: smtpsend connection error from smtp server (550 No expected reply from SMTP)

Leave this page open and try 'reload' in a few minutes"

I refresh the page later and SOMETIMES it works and report is sent but it isn't working presently.

I'm getting the same message.

It's also taking a long time to load pages on the forum. The TTL of forum.spamcop.net is very low which causes my browser to have to look the name up every few minutes (or seconds) and lookups are taking a long time for some reason. Maybe spamcop is under a ddos? :(

I'm getting this:

Cannot send mail:smtpOpen: smtpsend connection error from smtp server (550 No expected reply from SMTP)

Leave this page open and try 'reload' in a few minutes

:unsure:

It's also taking a long time to load pages on the forum. The TTL of forum.spamcop.net is very low which causes my browser to have to look the name up every few minutes (or seconds) and lookups are taking a long time for some reason. Maybe spamcop is under a ddos? :(

When I posted my post above, only cwg's post were visible...

Something fishy is certainly going on...

I'm getting exactly the same thing now. Sometimes it works normally after the suggested reload, sometimes I get the same error message the second time as well.

It is now many hours after the initial posting, is anything being done? Or, is there a 'fix' in the works? :unsure:

When I posted my post above, only cwg's post were visible...

Something fishy is certainly going on...

Fishiness is bumbling me. Merged with existing thread, after a false start (merged first to wrong thread :blush: ) I lost track of who was what in order to notify. Sorry.

Fishiness is bumbling me. Merged with existing thread, after a false start (merged first to wrong thread :blush: ) I lost track of who was what in order to notify. Sorry.

So I just happened to be in the wrong place, at the wrong time... :D

Seems like the 550 error is gone though, haven't seen it in several days now. :)

Archived