BUG

Hi,

Where can I report a bug?

When on my webmail page I click the hald-mail button I don't get the held mail, but a page with an error,

See

spamcop_error.gif

Looks like this should be moved to the SpamCop Mail forum but, for what it's worth I cannot reproduce the error. Could it be a temporary problem?

Andrew

Looks like this should be moved to the SpamCop Mail forum but, for what it's worth I cannot reproduce the error.  Could it be a temporary problem?

Andrew

18906[/snapback]

Hi Andrew,

This error occurs when the number of messages per page in the options has been set to 290 or higher.

Bye

Alwin

I just set my display to view 300 messages per page and again, I could not reproduce the error.

This could be related to your default language. I use the English version of the webmail pages.

More likely, it is that one of your email messages (perhaps item 290) is corrupt and causing the problem.

Can you identify a message causing the problem?

Can you try to access that message another way (IMAP)?

Can you delete that message?

If none of these things work, you should contact support[at]spamcop.net so JT can look at your account. You will need to provide him enough information to identify your account.

This error occurs when the number of messages per page in the options has been set to 290 or higher.

I tried increasing my display options to 500 and I don't get the error, even in IE (which, from the screenshot, is what you're using). I even tried changing my language to "Nederlands" but that didn't make any difference.

BTW, did you know that you can log into the webmail using a secure URL (with "https" instead of "http")? Your screenshot indicates otherwise.

DT

Topic moved to E-Mail Forum. User PM'd in response to his/her PM and advised that of the Topic moved and noting that responses had already been generated within this Topic. Am going with TimeZone issues right now perhaps ..????

In general, the screenshot sure has me wondering about the failure mode involved .. sure is a strange line that gets displayed ... not much there to show the trigger point of failure (admitting no knowledge of the surrounding code either)

Hi Alwin!

Well you do, at least, have the option to reduce the number of messages per screen to, say, 275 and avoid the problem.

Given that nobody else has been able to reproduce the issue I'd be inclined to explore issues on your computer rather than in the server code. But it may just be easier to drop to 275 messages per screen and enjoy the time saved not having to struggle with it.

B)

Andrew

Hi Alwin!

Well you do, at least, have the option to reduce the number of messages per screen to, say, 275 and avoid the problem.

Given that nobody else has been able to reproduce the issue I'd be inclined to explore issues on your computer rather than in the server code.  But it may just be easier to drop to 275 messages per screen and enjoy the time saved not having to struggle with it.

B)

Andrew

18951[/snapback]

Hi Andrew,

Well, now the error also occurs also at a 100 messages per page.

When in the error page I hit the button for next or last page, top right, I get a window with the mails from my inbox.

Here is the html code of the held mail page, starting at the <form... tag.

I stops right after accesskey="C"

<form method="post" name="messages" action="/horde/imp/heldmail.php?nocache=50th3mle0zuo">

<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="1">

<tr class="item">

<th align="left" nowrap="nowrap" width="8%"><input accesskey="C"

And what's more, in Netscape 7.1 hitting the held mail button does not do anything.

It's a tedious job to delete the held mail if there are 1000 or more messages and only 100 messages can be shown on one page.

Bye

Alwin

Have you tried StenUnderwood's suggestion to contact JT (support <at> spamcop.net) .... I can send a note advising that you have an issue, but it still remains that I don't know what your SpamCop account details are. JT is theonly one around with access to take a look at your stuff and see if there's a problem at this end.

It's a tedious job to delete the held mail if there are 1000 or more messages and only 100 messages can be shown on one page.

18971[/snapback]

Not if you point a half-decent email client to imap.spamcop.net it isn't!

Just checking...are you aware that you can empty the contents of your Held Mail by clicking on "Folders" selecting the Held Mail folder and then by selecting the "Empty folder(s)" action? You don't see any of the Subject lines that way, but it's a good way to get rid of all of your Held Mail at once.

DT

Just checking...are you aware that you can empty the contents of your Held Mail by clicking on "Folders" selecting the Held Mail folder and then by selecting the "Empty folder(s)" action? You don't see any of the Subject lines that way, but it's a good way to get rid of all of your Held Mail at once.

DT

19016[/snapback]

Thanks DT!

I did not know.

That's a very good tip.

I will wait to do so until this problem has been solved.

Thanks again

Alwin

Have you tried StenUnderwood's suggestion to contact JT (support <at> spamcop.net) .... I can send a note advising that you have an issue, but it still remains that I don't know what your SpamCop account details are.  JT is theonly one around with access to take a look at your stuff and see if there's a problem at this end.

18974[/snapback]

Hi Wazoo,

Yes, I have sent an email to support[at]spamcop.net now together with my account details.

Let's see what comes from that.

Thanks,

Alwin

Hi Derek,

I have no Idea what you are talking about, sorry!

Alwin

19027[/snapback]

IMAP is an alternate way of accessing mail on the SpamCop user using a local client like Outlook Express. It gives you direct access to the messages without having to down load the entire message. Messages can be deleted, moved, forwarded etc. See the FAQ for how to set up IMAP access.

Archived