Additional options under held mail

T'Khula N'ha Ra

Just a quick note.

I forward mail from another account to my spamcop account for the purposes of filtering. I've established whitelists for the contacts that I want to see mail from, so I don't need to check the held mail everyday, and even if I did there are still several (averaging 14 pages, do the math) pages of held mail that is spam that I get each day.

I'd like to be able to quickly delete all the held mail without reviewing it, a button like the "Emtry Trash Folder" button. Perhaps the ability to simply delete all mail that is older than what can be reported.

As it is, the mail simply stacks up and it becomes an impossible task to simply delete it all.

Thanks.

-T'Khula

Is this "Tedd"??? The conversion of a long dialog that was passed on to me has not been accomplished .... this "version" sure leaves a lot out of that previous conversation. Especially disturbing is the apparent disregard for all the freshly painted signs placed this earlier today on doing little things like some preliminary research before posting, looking at some guidance offered on selecting "just where to post" ... a number of things ... Anyway, had you read a bit before posting, ... well, why ruin the surprise? Things like the SpamCop FAQ, similar (and even the same) ideas have already been addressed ... and the place for the suggestion based on the current configuratins and applications involved actually isn't "here" .. there's this place that has folks working on an application called Horde ... but then, you would have already known this from following all those signs and posts that you had to ignore/scroll by to get to where you could offer your suggestion (???) ... not that it's unappreciated, but ....

Some of this rant has been based on the possibility that you are "Tedd" ... a person that previously chose not to use "any" of the Help links already offered up on the www.spamcop.net site, which of course meant that the spamcop.mail newsgroup wasn't used, the existance of this Forum wasn't noted, none of the FAQ listings were looked at, yet spending much time and energy in trying to handle this (same) situation with one of the very small handful of "staff" .. contributing to the (last described a number of months ago) 800+ e-mails a day those folks get to deal with. This is where the "not so happy with your post" comes from.

Is this "Tedd"???
No, not Ted, nor Tedd. Not even technically T'Khula. She won't visit forums because of inconsiderate boobs that launch into verbal attacks just because she says "hello". I signed her up for the spamcop account a few years back, and she has always had this problem. I joined this forum under her handle, because it's her account that this is in reference too.

But I pay the bills, including the one that gets paid for the webmail account.

I saw no 'signs'. I read the FAQ, saw no references to 'Horde' anywhere that I've looked. Simply went to the website, did the limited prerequisite clicking around, and then joined here. Read a few of the (voluminous) guidelines for the forum, and lacking any easily decipherable idea of where to post suggestions, I posted it under the forum "webmail" since it was a webmail suggestion. I did note the 'suggestions' forum, but since there are several offerings for spamcop I decided to play it 'safe' and post to the webmail forum.

Sounds like misposting is a problem here. Maybe ya'll should streamline the (voluminous) guidelines and simplify the interface.

...but that ain't my problem. My problem is getting through the 14 pages of daily spam that comes into the account, and the thousands of messages taking up spamcop server space that I can't easily delete. Thought that suggestions might be welcome. Guess not. I wonder if my business is welcome?:unsure:

-RAnthony for T'Khula

Back to the question about deleting mail from your heldmail folder.

You mentioned 14 pages, from that I would guess that you are using the VER interface that only displays 100 messages at a tlme.

There are two other options for get to and deleting mail from your held mail folder.

1) Use the Web mail interface and go to the HeldMail folder. It will allow you to delete up to 500 messages at a time.

2) Use IMAP on you local mail client and downlad headers only. Select all, click on delete. Done

3) An even better way of using IMAP would be to simply drag the messages to the trash fold and then empty the trash.

I ran a test to see just how bad it might be. Started off with about 600 messages in my heldmail folder. Spent about 20 minutes copying them back and forth until I got the count up to 13,154 messages.

The following is simply for a point of reference.

I am running very old hardware Pentium 120 using using IMAP on Outlook Express 5.5 using a cable modem connection 3meg down 256K up.

I took about 4 minutes to download apoprox 10,000 messages (headers only)

I took only seconds to select all and click on delete. It did take some time to actully delete the files, but there is no need to sit at your computer and watch. Go do something elelse and come back. I did have to go back and purge the deleted messages (I find that they usually purge themselves, but becasue of the quantity 13,000+ it did require a manual purge.

Also rememer that messages do auto delete after 14 days.

I created my own account. It suddenly occured to me that as a paying member of the reporting service, I was entitled to an account as well. So...

Back to the question about deleting mail from your heldmail folder.
All of your suggestions are new to me. After being chewed out initially, I once again went stumbling around looking for these very obvious signs that I've somehow missed. Still didn't find them. I did notice that when logging in to the webmail software that I am in the "horde/imp" directory. I don't know what 'ver' is, or where I would look for the version of the interface that I might be using is. What I do know is that getting 100 messages at a time would be a beautiful thing compared to the 20 messages that the interface defaults to. And I have looked through every option that is available to me, I can't find any option that allows me to alter the default number of messages being displayed, let alone 500 at a time.

I have never tried to access the webmail accounts through imap. Didn't know the held mail could be externally accessed (once again, looked around for directions for doing this, nada) not really interested in doing that anyway. The less spam that sees the inside of my house the better, IMHO. She pops the messages that she wants, leaves the rest to roll off.

I was aware that the messages did roll off, did not know what the time frame was (do I need mention that this is also not covered? Didn't think so) but when I do occasionally log on to report spam and see how much is sitting there, I cringe at the wasted space and wonder if there is any way that the held mail could be easily purged. Still wondering that. :blink:

-RAnthony, for myself now.

I created my own account.  It suddenly occured to me that as a paying member of the reporting service, I was entitled to an account as well.  So...

Makes little sense, never mind the concept you stated previously of signing up and posting "as someone else" .. then coming back in and generating another account "as yourself" .... That this Forum is not associated is stated right off the bat on that Forum FAQ you complain about being too voluminous .. yet this specific data is on the first displayed screen of that "huge" document.

All of your suggestions are new to me.  After being chewed out initially, I once again went stumbling around looking for these very obvious signs that I've somehow missed.  Still didn't find them. 

Please tell me how you are failing to see ;

Start Here - before you make your first Post

Introduction to SpamCop.net services, tools, and support

Please tell me how you are not seeing;

Read at least one of these following entries prior to posting your query, complaint, rant, whatever. Failure to note the basic concepts may result in getting an answer that you'd probably rather not see/read!

1. How-to Post a Question - Short

2. Forum Use, General Intro - not so short

3. How To Ask Questions The Smart Way - long/off-site

(not SpamCop.net affiliated - just a heck of an explanation of the obvious) Note their Disclaimer!!!

Please tell me how you missed any of the links to the SpamCop FAQ (which I saw you looking at) that also includes a link to the Glossary among all the other data made available ...

I did notice that when logging in to the webmail software that I am in the "horde/imp" directory.  I don't know what 'ver' is, or where I would look for the version of the interface that I might be using is.

See athe above .. See the Forum you originally posted into and the associated (just moved today to a sub-forum) How to set-up an e-mail account ... Search tool provided at the top of the screen, another provided as part of this application at the top right of the screen ...

I have never tried to access the webmail accounts through imap.  Didn't know the held mail could be externally accessed (once again, looked around for directions for doing this, nada) not really interested in doing that anyway.  The less spam that sees the inside of my house the better, IMHO.  She pops the messages that she wants, leaves the rest to roll off.

And yet again, FAQ entries here point to posts here that walk through all kinds of things.

I was aware that the messages did roll off, did not know what the time frame was (do I need mention that this is also not covered?  Didn't think so) but when I do occasionally log on to report spam and see how much is sitting there, I cringe at the wasted space and wonder if there is any way that the held mail could be easily purged.  Still wondering that.  :blink:

34720[/snapback]

I read the FAQ,  ..... Simply went to the website, did the limited prerequisite clicking around, and then joined here.

What FAQ? What web-site? What prerequisite poking around?

lacking any easily decipherable idea of where to post suggestions

I am so not understanding your issue .... other than going with that no / very little time was taken to actually read anything ... noting that your time spent in the Forum version of the SpamCop FAQ didn't appear to be more than maybe 2 minutes .... and I don't think there's anyone that's going to state that looking at that monster for the first time is not going to take a lot longer than that if one is actually looking for some data ... especially noted on things you state don't exist, yet I know they are there as I put them there.

Thanks to dbiel for throwing out the suggestions, just noting that it's a bit of a shame that you choose to continue on with your "it's not documented" remarks ... try again ....

Just a quick note. 

I'd like to be able to quickly delete all the held mail without reviewing it, a button like the "Emtry Trash Folder" button. Perhaps the ability to simply delete all mail that is older than what can be reported.

34708[/snapback]

THis feature is already there?

just logon first to VER on the scroll box select delete after clicking "check all"

Moderator edit: the above link to VER does not work

To learn more about VER go to FAQ Entry: What is VER (Very Easy Reporting)?

.. That this Forum is not associated is stated right off the bat on that Forum FAQ you complain about being too voluminous ..
Right. The statement that there is no association should have more weight than than the fact that spamcop.net and the webmail interface are available from links at the top of the screen.

There is an association there, whether you admit to it or not.

BTW, I run forums of my own (none as large as this, admittedly) I understand how to write instructions that make sense to the average person. The FAQ that you keep lauding is impenetrable. It's good material to put someone to sleep, not very good at imparting information.

Which, BTW, it does not contain the information that I was looking for; not that I came here looking for information. The information on working webmail interfaces should be available on the help screen (which I've tried) or on the spamcop.net website ('the' website that I 'clicked around on'; as if any other website on the 'net could be 'the' website) or available somewhere that someone would logically look. Doing a search of an 'unassociated' forum looking for answers to questions about the webmail interface would be pointless since the interface doesn't do what I want it to do. Hence the suggestion for making a change to the interface. Hence my presence here.

So I show up here, post a suggestion. AND, I get attacked, my integrity questioned, and insulted. By the admin, no less (not the users, who are extremely helpful) Yeah, I'm really beginning to wonder why I've paid for this marvelous service for two years.

Why not try answering questions, instead of telling me how you've already answered them somewhere else, post a link to the previous answer, or try just not responding at all? That would be helpful. <_<

-RAnthony

THis feature is already there?

just logon first to VER on the scroll box select delete after clicking "check all"

34722[/snapback]

Your link points to a game site. I assume that this is VER http://mailsc.spamcop.net/reportheld?action=heldlog

It only deletes 100 messages at a time (as dbiel pointed out) it's the old interface for held mail. Still looking for the 500 at a time adjustment.

The "empty Held-Mail" button would make it even simpler.

-RAnthony

Your link points to a game site.  I assume that this is VER http://mailsc.spamcop.net/reportheld?action=heldlog

It only deletes 100 messages at a time (as dbiel pointed out) it's the old interface for held mail.  Still looking for the 500 at a time adjustment.

34725[/snapback]

Options

Display Options - Change display options such as how many messages you see on each page and how messages are sorted.

Messages per page in the mailbox view.

Your link points to a game site.  I assume that this is VER http://mailsc.spamcop.net/reportheld?action=heldlog

It only deletes 100 messages at a time (as dbiel pointed out) it's the old interface for held mail.  Still looking for the 500 at a time adjustment.

The "empty Held-Mail" button would make it even simpler.

-RAnthony

34725[/snapback]

Sorry some glitch?

Logon to Webmail, select Options then in column "Other Options" select "Display Options" then change "Messages per page in the mailbox view." number to whatever (500?)

A few key points to note:

This forum is run totally by volunteers and the FAQ (or should I say FAQs, as there are now links to three separate FAQs) is a on going work in process to try to deal with the severe limitations of the original SpamCop FAQ.

Wazoo, the Admin of this Forum is an unpaid volunteer who has spent thousands of hours working of the FAQ (with help from other users) so when anyone says

"once again, looked around for directions for doing this, nada" or "BTW, I run forums of my own (none as large as this, admittedly) I understand how to write instructions that make sense to the average person. The FAQ that you keep lauding is impenetrable. It's good material to put someone to sleep, not very good at imparting information.

Which, BTW, it does not contain the information that I was looking for; not that I came here looking for information."

he gets rather hot under the collar.

The following entries in the FAQ should be worth your time to read:

How We Use SpamCop - Detailed Examples note: deals with WebMail and Reporting

FAQ Entry: Webmail: Deleting and Moving Messages

IMAP - Deleting E-Mail

Jeff G.'s Guide to accessing SpamCop email, using OE and IMAP

FAQ Entry: What is VER (Very Easy Reporting)?

Other posts in the Email Help Forum that might relate:

HELP my inbox has 12,000 + Spams, what do i do?

Bulk Delete Held Mail?

Held Mail: how do I delete more than 100, Held Mail: how do I delete more than 100

Can I *mass delete* my held mail, Too much held mail

Right. The statement that there is no association should have more weight than than the fact that spamcop.net and the webmail interface are available from links at the top of the screen. 

There is an association there, whether you admit to it or not.

From the Forum FAQ;

New Account / Signing Up

This is a support area for the tools provided by the SpamCop.net system. However, it is not physically connected to any of those tools, such that even if you have a SpamCop reporting account or a SpamCop Filtered E-Mail account, use of this Forum requires its own login details.

You say repeatedly that you read this ...??? Where did you come up with your idiotic description of "no/any association" ?????

BTW, I run forums of my own (none as large as this, admittedly) I understand how to write instructions that make sense to the average person.  The FAQ that you keep lauding is impenetrable.  It's good material to put someone to sleep, not very good at imparting information.

Generalities and bitches don't go together .... had you once gone to the repeated suggested page at http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?act=faq&article=20 ... you'd have seen that the FAQ shows up a number of times .. yet all you keep repeating is "the FAQ" ....??????

Which, BTW, it does not contain the information that I was looking for; not that I came here looking for information.  The information on working webmail interfaces should be available on the help screen (which I've tried) or on the spamcop.net website ('the' website that I 'clicked around on'; as if any other website on the 'net could be 'the' website) or available somewhere that someone would logically look.  Doing a search of an 'unassociated' forum looking for answers to questions about the webmail interface would be pointless since the interface doesn't do what I want it to do.  Hence the suggestion for making a change to the interface.  Hence my presence here.

And yet after all the research, you didn't also stumble across that the SpamCop Parsing & Reporting runs on IronPort assets, based in California .. but the newsgrouops, this Forum, and SpamCop e-mail accounts are all run on CESMail assets in Georgia on hardware owned and maintained by JT? Just "being present" here isn't going to help anyone of you're not going to read what's in front of you.

So I show up here, post a suggestion.  AND, I get attacked, my integrity questioned, and insulted.  By the admin, no less (not the users, who are extremely helpful) Yeah, I'm really beginning to wonder why I've paid for this marvelous service for two years. 

Try looking yet again at one of "the FAQ" entries in something you've sadi repeatedly that you've "read" .... http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?act=faq&article=13 ...

Why not try answering questions, instead of telling me how you've already answered them somewhere else, post a link to the previous answer, or try just not responding at all?  That would be helpful.  <_<

34724[/snapback]

If you'd actually look around, and (really) read things that already exist .... this spouting off about "I looked at it" and meaning that 30 seconds or less was spent before moving on ... there's not much that can be done from this side of the screen for that.

Options

Display Options - Change display options such as how many messages you see on each page and how messages are sorted.

Messages per page in the mailbox view.

Thanks. If it had been a snake...

For some reason I never noticed that link. Possibly the location on the screen. Hotmail's options screen is similar, I can't find anything in that screen either.

My bad.

Still...

A single button like the trash button would be even easier. ;)

-RAnthony

The information on working webmail interfaces should be available on the help screen (which I've tried) or on the spamcop.net website ('the' website that I 'clicked around on'; as if any other website on the 'net could be 'the' website) or available somewhere that someone would logically look.

34724[/snapback]

Let me point out that are to this day folks that arrive "here" after perusing spamcop.COM (or even worse, spamcop.ORG) and somehow connecting the dots. It was just yesterday (or the day before) when someone posted here about "couldn't wait to actually buy the software" ..... there is no software sold by spamcop.NET .....The loss of the .COM and .ORG Domains is an ancient artifact of "wonderful" handling of registration support from (then) Network Solutions .. and that the scum that run the .COM and .ORG sites attempt to piggyback on "the" SpamCop name ....

You've apparently not paid any atention to the "user-to-user" support noice I placed such that it shows up in each and every Forum section ... assumedly you've yet to take a look at the "Staff" listing in the Forum FAQ here ..

And yes, I (and most other folks in here) are well aware of the lack of data foud on the www.spamcop.net site and Help/FAQ links .... There is no one "here" that has an control over that (although my bombarding the Deputies with changes, suggestions, requests has been a continuing saga in my trying to bring that data into this venue) .. and this is what led to the Forum version of that FAQ. I took it upon myslef to install and start populating the Knowledgebase view of this same data .. which has also led to even more issues with the "official" www.spamcop.net FAQ data ...

Still asking that you do some looking around, but eventually you'd note that making this FAQ dfata available (especially to new users/visitors) has been a continuing effort. Your managing to overlook evebn the most obvious items and then continuing to complain about things with no specifics .... for example, the acronym FAQ is seen 5 times at the top of this page (dang, something else that needs fixed) .. those 5 items point to 3 different items ... 2 of those include a reference (link) to the "Original" FAQ, but also noted that the contents of "that" FAQ are incorporated within "this" FAQ .... so when you continue to say "the FAQ" ...????

On the 'association' disclaimer: It's pointless. The forums are hosted on spamcop's site. Spamcop's services are available from the forum site. (I'm not complaining, it's very convenient) Every user who shows up here with a question is going to assume that people who work on the spamcop tools (at the very least) use the forum, if not manage it. You could put a label on the top of the page in 48 point font and it won't make a difference.

If it bugs you (and it seems that it does) take something to ease the pain, because it isn't going to stop happening.

Going off on a tear about it only pisses off the users, resulting in the types of discussions we've just been engaged in.

On the FAQ: Well, it's not just the FAQ. Frankly, I find that there is too much information on every page of the forum. And there appears to be several FAQ's, but not all of them are available everywhere that the 'FAQ' notice is posted. (personally, this is the most confusing part. Too many different FAQs, all of which the admins expect you to read) Some of them lead to the full FAQ index, some of them lead to an 8 page under construction thing that I never seem to be able to get away from. It doesn't answer any questions except the most basic questions regarding the forum itself. The full FAQ is a daunting 8 mile long list of links. While I have browsed it, I'm uncertain how I can find anything in it without spending hours looking. If the service is really that complex, then you have my sympathy. Obviously, I could not have read the entire FAQ in the time that I've been a member (less than a day) Expecting anyone to spend more than 15 minutes aquainting themselves with a forum is more than a little unrealistic. As I pointed out, I'm a newbie here, but not a newbie to forums. The structure of the forums is confusing at first glance. Maybe I'd get used to it if I was planning on hanging around, I don't know. It's hard to tell what is part of the specific forum, and what isn't, since there are several levels of information at the start of each forum, many of which take you somewhere else entirely, and it's not clear that you are somewhere else until you check where you are in the forum structure. Again, maybe I'd get used to it.

Erratta: BTW, yes, this is an improvement over the informationless original spamcop interface. If I appear frustrated, there is a reason. I've been struggling with the interface for awhile with no place to go until I wandered in here.

One of the problems is that the main page of the spamcop site remains an unhelpful void. The method to get here from there involves several levels of maneuvering. And this is the first 'helpful' place that shows up. (and I'm sure that noobs that show up from the truly 'unassociated' .com and .org sites are very confused and/or angry)

My case in point. I wanted to be able to simply clear the held mail folder, in a fashion similar to clearing the trash folder. It's not available in the interface, so it's a suggestion. I go to www.spamcop.net (after thinking about it for a bit) Nothing there. Oh! help on upper left corner. Look through the listings... Ah, contact SpamCop. Nope, no contact info. OK, top of the list is the forums, but maybe I should look around first. No, no obvious way to make suggestions, off to the forum. Read me firsts, OK, done that (skimmed them anyway) Where to post a suggestion? (admittedly I had not realised that there were several FAQs at this point, or I might have done more browsing) Well, there is a forum for "new features" (could have sworn it had a different name last night) but is it intended for all spamcop services? Doesn't say. There is an email forum, safe bet would be to post under the e-mail forum (again, the name seems to be different today) worst case scenario, it gets moved to the right place.

...and here we are. :unsure:

Noobs ask noob questions. Just a fact. Like the association 'problem', there is no getting around it. Take something for the pain, and let someone else deal with the newbies. BUT... I only had this one thing I wanted to discuss. If there had been a quick way to simply make a suggestion, ask a question; a simple webform to catch all the noobs with helpful suggestions or stupid questions, they wouldn't land here and cause the pain in the first place. Give them an automated response with the FAQ linked to it. If they have further questions, then they'll come here. At least then they would have read the FAQ, or could have anyway.

Just my two cents worth.

-RAnthony

You've apparently not paid any atention to the "user-to-user" support no[t]ice I placed such that it shows up in each and every Forum section ... assumedly you've yet to take a look at the "Staff" listing in the Forum FAQ here ..

No, actually, I did notice the "User to user" note on the forum FAQ. That's why I offered a 'thank you' and a civil response to the other users who didn't bite my head off and accuse me of being somebody else. :rolleyes: Once again, it's that "hosted by spamcop" issue that makes me think that information available here could be made available there. You have my sympathy if it's that hard to get them to listen to you.

The information should be available directly in the webmail interface. That it isn't is going to continue causing problems for users, and they are going to show up here and give you (Wazoo) hell about it. I'm glad I'm not in your shoes. :P

-RAnthony

I guess that at this point the only question left is have we shown you a better way of deleting messages or not? If so could you state which one you chose to use as a means to help others?

As far as getting changes made to WebMail or the VER interface, all we can do is hope. None of us have any control over it.

As far as getting changes made to the Forum based FAQ's, we are constantly working on improving them. As you noted, there are several and it is a bit confusing. We are working hard to make it better.

The original SpamCop.net FAQ we have no control over and is the only "official" FAQ even though it is out of date and lacking much in content.

The Forum FAQ in rather new and was created as a guide (or how to) use the forum - the link is found at the top of every web page within the Forum.

The "SpamCop FAQ" (link found on same memu bar) was the first attempt to create a more usable FAQ and has been constantly updated.

The final FAQ (menu bar link "FAQ" next to "Calendar" is the Second Generation of the SpamCop FAQ and is still under construction. It is the next attempt to make the Forum more user friendly. It is far from complete and is truely a work in progress.

Thanks. I'll try to set the number of viewed messages to 1000, and try to visit every three days at least. Otherwise held mail will go over the 1000 message mark.

Given that the interface isn't likely to be changed, that solution (upping the number of messages viewed in the webmail interface for held-mail) will have to do.

Thanks for the help.

-RAnthony

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks.  I'll try to set the number of viewed messages to 1000, and try to visit every three days at least.  Otherwise held mail will go over the 1000 message mark.

Given that the interface isn't likely to be changed, that solution (upping the number of messages viewed in the webmail interface for held-mail) will have to do.

Thanks for the help.

-RAnthony

34765[/snapback]

What have you got against using IMAP to move them to trash? I realize you don't want to "download" all that junk, but you don't have to do any more than you do in the webmail interface, and OE does a decent job with imap.

What have you got against using IMAP to move them to trash? I realize you don't want to "download" all that junk, but you don't have to do any more than you do in the webmail interface, and OE does a decent job with imap.

35480[/snapback]

I'd rather put a gun to my head and pull the trigger than voluntarily use any MicroSux software designed for communication. Might as well just load the viruses myself, it saves time. :rolleyes:

Outlook and Outlook Express are outmoded anyway. I've used Thunderbird for 4 years and never had a problem yet. I haven't needed to use IMAP yet, and I don't see the need to use it now just to jump a hurdle in the interface; aside from which, how do you report spam from outside? You still have to log on to the webmail interface for that, right? What's the purpose of a Spamcop account if you aren't reporting the spam that can be reported? :blink:

The purpose of the "empty held mail" button would be to get rid of the older unreportable mail in the event that you don't log on at least every three days, IMHO.

-RAnthony

how do you report spam from outside?

35489[/snapback]

Paste in the webform or forward to your submit or quick address
You still have to log on to the webmail interface for that, right?

35489[/snapback]

No, just the reporting interface (the SpamCop Parsing and Reporting Service, generally http://mailsc.spamcop.net/ for SpamCop Email System Customers like yourself)
What's the purpose of a Spamcop account if you aren't reporting the spam that can be reported?  :blink:

35489[/snapback]

Some people just use it for filtering, and don't report their spam.
The purpose of the "empty held mail" button would be to get rid of the older unreportable mail in the event that you don't log on at least every three days, IMHO.

35489[/snapback]

That's been two days, exactly 48 hours from the time in the bottom-most trusted Received Header Line, for just over a year now. Please see the Pinned Announcement Older than 2-day-old spam no longer accepted for details.

Paste in the webform or forward to your submit or quick address.  No, just the reporting interface (the SpamCop Parsing and Reporting Service, generally http://mailsc.spamcop.net/

Like I said, you still have to log on, whether it's the webmail or the reporting interface. At a volume of 200 messages a day (at least) the regular reporting interface just isn't an option. That is why I purchased the webmail address in the first place.

If I didn't want to report the spammers, I'd simply use one of the filtering clients that are available now. There is no need to pay for filtering service if that's what someone is after. Thunderbird filters spam, Gmail filters spam, etc. It's the ability to track down and report spammers that I come to Spamcop for.

That's been two days, exactly 48 hours from the time in the bottom-most trusted Received Header Line, for just over a year now.

Whatever, 2 days. As if the timespan was the issue, instead of the lack of ability to clear unwanted mail quickly. :rolleyes:

-RAnthony

Archived