unsolicited text message lawsuits

malleylaw@gmail.com

This looks like a great site for learning all the ways to locate and handle spam attacks, but I am wanting information on the large spammers in order to sue them. All the info you gather is needed to litigate the cases, but how do I work with a few of the those here that have a wealth of evidence to start stopping the flow of spam.

The spammers are small companies, usually a handful of employees, that act as a "buffer" for larger companies that are well known. While we have to find the link from the spammers to their financial backers, the only way to stop this is to file suit, and bring in the attorney general.

I have skimmed over some of your posts, and you people know your stuff!. Give me about 5-7 of you to investigate sources of spam, obtain the evidence of the actions, anyone involved that seeks legal counsel, and a party to sue that merits the costs of litigation, then you could make a change.

We would require your assistance in the case as a technical expert, or testifying expert based upon your findings.

thoughts,

thanks

j malley

gmail.com' post='67259' date='Oct 12 2008, 09:18 PM'] ...thoughts,
The Columbus Day holiday might delay response but certainly there are members who have either/both
  • collected and maintained spam data and
  • expressed an interest in legal proceedings against their 'favorite' spammers.

And you're on the right track to collect plenty of personal evidence (having a real email address 'here' and en clair is certainly the way to collect spam 'samples' at that address). Hmm ... your 'other' email address shows up in search engine scans too, so expect some there as well.

Good luck and thanks for trying.

The Columbus Day holiday might delay response but certainly there are members who have either/both

• collected and maintained spam data and
  • expressed an interest in legal proceedings against their 'favorite' spammers.

And you're on the right track to collect plenty of personal evidence (having a real email address 'here' and en clair is certainly the way to collect spam 'samples' at that address). Hmm ... your 'other' email address shows up in search engine scans too, so expect some there as well.

Good luck and thanks for trying.

THANKS FOR THE WELCOME.........HOWDY FROM DALLAS!!!

here's my introduction:

http://news.justia.com/cases/featured/cali...cv03845/206085/

Lane et al v. Facebook, Inc. et al

Tags: facebook

Plaintiffs: Sean Lane, Mohannaed Sheikha, Sean Martin, Ali Sammour, Mohammaed Zidan, Sara Karrow, Colby Henson, Denton Hunker, Firas Sheikha, Hassen Sheikha, Linda Stewart, Tina Tran, Matthew Smith, Erica Parnell, John Conway, Phillip Huerta, Alicia Hunker, Megan Lynn Hancock and Austin Muhs

Defendants: Facebook, Inc., Blockbuster, Inc., Fandango, Inc., Hotwire, Inc., Sta Travel, Inc., Overstock.Com, Inc., Zappos.Com, Inc. and Gamefly, Inc.

Case Number: 5:2008cv03845

Filed: August 12, 2008

[size=2]Plaintiff: Sean Lane

Represented By: XXXX, Joseph H Malley :D

THE NEXT ISSUE IS THAT IT LOOKS LIKE YOU HAVE A HECK OF A BOARD HERE, AND A BUNCH OF COMPUTER GEEKS/ENGINEERS ETC THAT KNOW THEIR STUFF.

MOST ATTORNEYS DON'T RESPECT THE EDUCATION-KNOWLEDGE, AND WORK YOU GUYS DO ON THESE BOARDS. i AM ALWAYS AMAZED AT YOUR KNOWLEDGE.

OF COURSE, my job is to learn all areas of the technical potions of the case. Most attorneys leave that for the expert, but i have to know, and believe in the case before i get involved.

what is of interest is that this board has people that know their business, and enjoy chatting about it, proving up their work product.

WHAT IS ALSO INTERESTING IS THAT THESE SPAMMERS ARE LIABLE FOR SUBSTANTIAL DAMAGES IF YOU COULD PROVE YOUR CASES.........

NOW IF YOUR NIGHT TIME /PAST TIME COULD TURN INTO A BUSINESS MODEL. LOCATING THESE SPAMMERS AND PROVING UP YOUR CASE, THEN I WOULD HAVE TO DISCUSS OPTIONS WITH YOU.........

IMAGINE INDEPENDANT FORCE , SCATTERED AROUND THE COUNTRY............RESEARCHING THESE MATTERS.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ONCE A PROPSECTIVE CASE IS REVIEWED, I WOULD HAVE TO ADVERTISE FOR CLIENTS, AND NEED .............................AN EXPERT WITNESS OR TECHNICAL SUPPORT PER CASE....

THEN YOU COULD TELL YOUR SPOUSE , WHEN THEY SAY YOU SPEND TOO MUCH TIME ON THE NET, ..........HEY, I'M WORKING, LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!!!!!!!

RULE #1.....................NEVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.....................EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR MENTION THE TARGETS BY NAME TO IDENTIFY THEM...........

READ UP ON DEFAMATION, TORT INTERFE WITH BIZ, ETZ,..........

EMAIL ME THE INFO...................INDENTIFY WHO YOU ARE...................WE CAN GIVE THE TARGET A CODE WHEN WE CHAT ON THE BOARD..........

WHO ARE THE MAJOR PEOPLE ON THIS SITE. ...........CAN YOU SEND ME 3-5 OF THE WHO'S WHO SO I CAN OPEN UP DEBATE ON THIS ISSUE.

how many people are on this site.

HOW DO WE COMMUNICATE:

T1= "TARGET 1"="STOCK EXCHANGE COMPANY" that desires marketing of their products. I DO NOT WANT TO KNOW ABOUT COMPANIES THAT ARE JUDGMENT PROOF

T1 HIRES MARKETING COMPANY=T2

T2 HIRES A SMALL spam COMP THAT HAS COMUTERS AND TELE#'S

-------------------------------

YOU SEARCH, I SUE

THEY spam, WE SUE

LET'S GO MAKE SOME MONEY AND JUSTIFY OUR WORK!.........

FEEL FREE TO JUMP IN................GOOD BAD.HOW TO DO THIS ETC...........

gmail.com' post='67267' date='Oct 13 2008, 10:41 PM'] ...FEEL FREE TO JUMP IN................GOOD BAD.HOW TO DO THIS ETC...........
Well, please stop 'SHOUTING', for starters. We used to see a lot of that from 'the other side' (before spam filters learned to mark up the scores accordingly and even spammers learned to lay off the caps lock then) but some here with long memories are likely to mistake you for one of the other lot if you keep it up. Laudable enthusiasm on one occasion but ...

Well, please stop 'SHOUTING', for starters. We used to see a lot of that from 'the other side' (before spam filters learned to mark up the scores accordingly and even spammers learned to lay off the caps lock) but some here with long memories are likely to mistake you for one of the other lot if you keep it up. Laudable enthusiasm on one occasion but ...

sorry...........but my eyes are going on me.

since i am 50 plus!!!!!!!!!.i'm an old guy........

i never read the book of how to blog text..........and not use caps.............

to me...............this type i had to put on my glasses.

who came up with that rule anyway?..........

but ok..................no caps.....

sorry.........."..Laudable enthusiasm on one occasion but ..."..............that means i get to say it 1 time in 1 text?........OK.........

-------------

read the lane v facebook......case for starters.................enough of a calling card to see i'm not a spammer.........

ok.....................anyone want to jump in.................how do we take a few of you from having fun and chatting about spammers..to sending a message.and woerking with a network of attorneys who need experts to support their findings............and assist law firms on these cases.....

so as not to get you out of your garage or basement...........attorneys need testifying experts that travel.............or..................you can stay home.never travel..........or be known..........and assist on educating me and a network of attys wanting to litigate these cases.............on the who did what.when /......how to support your evidence.what area of people affected...

once i see that info.i need to work with law firms around the country to market and advertise in thir area for clients....

without people that are involved and damaged...........there is no case..........and all is a waste to slap spammers on their hands or turn into fcc

but thanks on the heads up on how annoying caps r.........................

gmail.com' post='67270' date='Oct 13 2008, 12:32 PM']sorry...........but my eyes are going on me.

since i am 50 plus!!!!!!!!!.i'm an old guy........

i never read the book of how to blog text..........and not use caps.............

to me...............this type i had to put on my glasses.

50+? so is my daughter. You should learn to control the font size of your browser (not try to control mine) if you have trouble reading your screen.

No one "came up with that rule" any more than someone decided any other rule that passes as good manners.

As in many areas of life you would be well served by learning something about a field and your target audience before mounting a pitch to sell product or an idea.

As for your pitch, it seems to me you have spent to much time reading the spam you have received and not enough time skimming "over some of your posts." With better research you would realize members of this forum have read the 'few hours a day', easy answer, bit before. Not sure the "get you out of your garage or basement","tell your spouse...'Hey, I'm working, leave me alone." anti-social stereotype will work here.

You have demonstrated that you don't have technical expertise, you don't sound like a lawyer, you ask "how do I.." and "how do we take a few of you". So what new do you bring to the table?

Sounds like a duck, walks like a duck... JHMO

Quack quack!

more lounge material...

right now i'm just briefly researching the text messg area, since i'm spending the majority of my time on a little ole dpi matter. i will post my work so you can read it. hopefully if you can spot me the rest of the week, we can bounce around a few ideas.

What's my next legal issue: does bacon/bacn fit into can-spam act?.......as it relates to third party applications. Do you want to chat about dmca and dpi? What area do you want to chat about? I don't think you guys want to talk about consent and statutory privacy laws, do you?.

what's the area this site should help me understand..........unsolicited text message! ......Not to complicated to understand, but hard to find the bad guys.

"So what new do you bring to the table? ".nm!, i bring my ignorance of this area, but with a few weeks of research, hopefully sufficient to have a chat.

QUACK!

here's question 1: do you guys track only companies spamming yourself, or r u publishers stopping it from attacking your site, . what do you do with the info you find? do you sue the spammers.

or are there any guys that do the spamming?.........i was trying to contact people that worked for spammers that wanted also to turn on their companies. Nothing like a pissed off ex-employee to give up great info.

fyi:.read the......... lane v facebook..... case i noted, look at the email noted on the case, then look at my email, funny thing.

QUACK!

The internet is not amenable to law or lawyers, IMHO. For one thing, there are many different jurisdictions involved; for another thing, any law that really targets spammers is liable to target freedom of speech; for another thing, it costs a great deal to track down and target spammers and one cannot always collect damages even if you do 'catch' one; and for most spammers now operating on the internet, there are already laws on the books against them (419 and phishes); the other ones are just inside the law just as the people who advertise on infomercials and in periodicals (like Sheets).

The most efficient way to eliminate spammers is to utilize blocking at the server level against any IP address that is sending spam (whether or not that address is also sending many emails that are legitimate). The only way to stop spammers is at the *sending* end. If the *sending* end is not willing to stop them; then the only recourse is to block them and allow legitimate senders of email to find alternate methods of communicating via the internet - there are plenty of ways to send email reliably nowadays.

Miss Betsy

The internet is not amenable to law or lawyers, IMHO. For one thing, there are many different jurisdictions involved; for another thing, any law that really targets spammers is liable to target freedom of speech; for another thing, it costs a great deal to track down and target spammers and one cannot always collect damages even if you do 'catch' one; and for most spammers now operating on the internet, there are already laws on the books against them (419 and phishes); the other ones are just inside the law just as the people who advertise on infomercials and in periodicals (like Sheets).

miss betsy:

thanks for your response.

"The internet is not amenable to law or lawyers", .........why lawyers? and what is :IMHO.

"any law that really targets spammers is liable to target freedom of speech".........this is age old defense argument. problem is getting over the consent hurdle. definition of spam is it's not advertisement;therefore not free speech. people don't consent to spam.

"it costs a great deal to track down and target spammers".............FINALLY we discuss the issue. why?......why is it not just find the end call, and work backwards. let's say there are 5 entities involved in the spamming, but we know the company to call back and their number. with a little work you can work upstream, legally, to find the other sources.

i understand your tech can't work thru the end call to go upstream to find the others. show me the end call.

one cannot always collect damages even if you do 'catch' one; WRONG. ,and forget about state law generally, apply fed stats.

(419 and phishes); ????........the other ones are just inside the law just as the people who advertise on infomercials and in periodicals (like Sheets)..........??????..........you are losing me but must be good info i must learn.

eliminate spammers is to utilize blocking at the server level ............yes but you need a plan to catch them,and it will be to open the gates to let them in, lower your defense, and then we catch them one by one. HOW? do i set up a "spam location to draw them to me, and in high volume to find the big companies doing it?

good info, thanks

gmail.com' post='67279' date='Oct 14 2008, 08:45 AM']

definition of spam is it's not advertisement;therefore not free speech. people don't consent to spam.

There are several different definitions of spam in use. Some of what is allowable under the existing laws is still reportable via SpamCop, for instance.

For SpamCop reporting, the definition is found: http://www.spamcop.net/fom-serve/cache/14.html

and forget about state law generally, apply fed stats.

The internet is international in scope. Most of the blatant spam I receive is coming from international locations.

Good luck in your "quest".

gmail.com' post='67279' date='Oct 14 2008, 01:45 PM']i understand your tech can't work thru the end call to go upstream to find the others. show me the end call.

Personally, I think you're barking up the wrong tree but if you can make your fortune litigating these folks then I wish you well. But, at the same time, my view is that you are, yourself, close to the point being a forum spammer advertising your unsolicited services.

However, I see that you often refer to 'Your techs' and similar. The fact is that in these forums there is no corporation or organisation. We're pretty much all individual users of the SpamCop service who share ideas and help to other users. There are no 'techs' employed or available here.

But there are many reasons why it is just too costly to go back 'upstream' and identify the sender. Not least the fact that much spam these days arises from entirely innocent individuals whose computers have been infected with a malicious trojan program which sends out the spam without their knowledge. They would only be culpable in as much as they could be held liable for inadequate anti-virus/spam protection on their machine.

At this point, like others, I see your motives as suspect. There are probably other ambulances to chase...

Andrew

For SpamCop reporting, the definition is found: http://www.spamcop.net/fom-serve/cache/14.html

[/color]thanks steven

The internet is international in scope. Most of the blatant spam I receive is coming from international locations..............

We're pretty much all individual users of the SpamCop service who share ideas and help to other users. There are no 'techs' employed or available here...............

But there are many reasons why it is just too costly to go back 'upstream' and identify the sender. Not least the fact that much spam these days arises from entirely innocent individuals whose computers have been infected with a malicious trojan program which sends out the spam without their knowledge. They would only be culpable in as much as they could be held liable for inadequate anti-virus/spam protection on their machine.

At this point, like others, I see your motives as suspect. There are probably other ambulances to chase...that took too much time. it was always better to impersonate a doctor and hide out in the hospital, with my legal assistant that acted as a nurse. i didn't like giving shots though!!!!...QUACK!.........ANY MORE STUPID REMARKS?

Andrew

YOU spam,WE SUE.business plan:

1) ALL WELCOME:...... techies/geeks/computer engineers, whatever your work/education background is,

2) ONLY USA COMPANIES: ...................don't want international spammers,

3) TARGET=UNSOLICITED SMS TEXT MESSAGES

4) INTENTIONAL SPAMMING ONLY;....no accidental, using individuals to bounce off spam

5) PURPOSE:.........motive......find large spam sources, prove its spam, seek Atty gen involvement, request criminal charges be filed, file civil class actions and bankrupct individuals and their companies............simple!

6) NO TEXT MESSG CONSUMER AGREED TO RECEIVE........only unauthorized/non consented spam messgs. we can determine later though if the messg is spam or not.

7)??????????............ (i will continue to add as my research determines how we find the types of cases i want to litigate.)

_________________________-

topic of the day:

after we locate the "end source"...entity that actuallty sends the text, i don't care about back tracking upstream. discovery will allow that process.

but how can the person who recieves the text mess not be able to track the call?

ie .......mssg=...call abc comp and get 50% discount on shoes...punch in code 252525

i don't text messg;therefore do they just push recall so person doesnt know number and where calling.

let's exclude obtaining theri telephone recordes to terace call for now...

there is a caller id on text messg right, or that is blocked off...of the known spammers...?

so it would take a trap to be set up................with a text messg system run thru a caller id.........so we got the tele number of where call came from...

how do you catch them in the act?...........walk me down the steps .................i need a dummy version.!

:blink:

gmail.com' post='67282' date='Oct 14 2008, 12:07 PM']3) TARGET=UNSOLICITED SMS TEXT MESSAGES

Sorry... Did not realize you were discussing SMS messages... I have never received one. Even the solicited ones I get, there is no "full headers" that I can use to determine where it came from, even when I know I sent it myself.

You are probably better off talking with someone from one of the phone companies that might have a better handle on how that all works.

gmail.com' post='67282' date='Oct 14 2008, 11:07 AM'].........ANY MORE STUPID REMARKS?

Here's a few.

There is a Test Forum section. Please use it to learn how to use the various functions here. The one you seem to mostly destroy thus far is the Quoting tool. As seen in most other's replies, a response is made to a specific item from a previous post .... but the "quote" tags are placed properly so that it's obvious what was being replied to, never mind making it easy to actually "see" the response itself.

Is the use of an e-mail address as a 'display name' intended? The Announcements section has an entry about this, the Forum FAQ has instructions on how to correct that situation.

I haven't yet figured out you sense of formatting at all. I was trying to go with that perhaps there was too much experience with generating pleadings, but I don't believe any judge I've met would appreciate (allow?) the way you've presentered content thus far in here. As yet "another guy over 50" I'll state that reading most of your 'large' posts is an exercise.

The concept of "ALL CAPS" being seen as "YELLING" dates back to the good ole' days, before the "endless Saptember" .... Monochrome monitors, white text on black, amber on black, green on black were the color choices for most. Working in the typical darkened environment, things would be going smooth until one hit an e-mail or document that some idiot had posted in ALL CAPS. When that thing hit the screen, the whole room lit up in that assault on the eyes, the closest analogy being that someone had 'yelled into your ear' ... Now it may have been that the originator was using a terminal that only support ALL CAPS, but .... it was generally easier to go with that the luser was simply too lazy to toggle the CAPS key.

I'm still trying to come up with just what you've managed to learn while doing whatever research you say you've been doing, especially as defined by the questions, limits, and situations you've tried to document. spam on the Internet is not the same situation as spam on a cell-phone. The availability of data, the transport mechanism, the actual content of the delivered item, even government regulations about the environment are just some of the major differences between the Internet and the (wireless) telephone system.

You have repeatedly stated that you want to "debate" something here. I've not quite figured out what there is to debate. No one here likes spam. I have personally posted some news coverage links here of other legal actions in the anti-spam fight. (By the way, those news reports contain much more data than your alleged "introduction" link. I know that "it's a legal thing" .. but trying to conjecture just what 'personal injury' could have been caused by folks such as Blockbuster, Overstock, Gamefly, etc. is yet another exercise in futility from this side of the screen.)

miss betsy:

thanks for your response.

"The internet is not amenable to law or lawyers", .........why lawyers? and what is :IMHO.

In My Humble Opinion (IMHO), 'lawyers' meant in this context, the way lawyers think.

"any law that really targets spammers is liable to target freedom of speech".........this is age old defense argument. problem is getting over the consent hurdle. definition of spam is it's not advertisement;therefore not free speech. people don't consent to spam.
As someone else pointed out, spam is coming many times from machines that are infected. It is very costly also to find the person responsible for sending the spam. The target for many people is to shut down the website offering the services or goods. ISPs have written into their contracts with merchants a clause that allows them to shut down a site if it is proven to be selling via unsolicited email. However, once it is allowed to censor content or shut down a site for content, then you open the doors to all kinds of censorship.

"it costs a great deal to track down and target spammers".............FINALLY we discuss the issue. why?......why is it not just find the end call, and work backwards. let's say there are 5 entities involved in the spamming, but we know the company to call back and their number. with a little work you can work upstream, legally, to find the other sources.
I can't explain the technical reasons why it is costly and difficult to find out who is sending the spam. In addition, many of the sites are hosted overseas where it may not be possible to find the true owners.

i understand your tech can't work thru the end call to go upstream to find the others. show me the end call.
I am just an end user. I don't have any techs except for my ISP help desk.

one cannot always collect damages even if you do 'catch' one; WRONG. ,and forget about state law generally, apply fed stats.
Sometimes they don't have any money (a few years ago, Earthlink, I think, managed to have a spammer arrested, but he was stone broke.) Sometimes they are in some other country. If they are criminals (the 419 and phishes), then you can only recover what you have lost.

(419 and phishes); ????........the other ones are just inside the law just as the people who advertise on infomercials and in periodicals (like Sheets)..........??????..........you are losing me but must be good info i must learn.
419 spam, also called Nigerian spam, is a letter that offers you a percentage of a huge amount of money if you give them your bank account number so they can sneak the money out of the country. phishes are emails that ask you for your account information which they steal and use to empty your accounts or buy things on your credit card. There are already criminal laws against those perpetuators.

eliminate spammers is to utilize blocking at the server level ............yes but you need a plan to catch them<snip>
If I block at the server level, I don't see any spam so why would I want to go to the trouble of catching them?

Miss Betsy

gmail.com' post='67282' date='Oct 14 2008, 05:07 PM']YOU spam,WE SUE.business plan:

Sorry, but this still looks like an attempt to make money with only the slightest possibility of reducing spam.

As Lking said: "Sounds like a duck, walks like a duck..."

Andrew

This forum site has nothing at all to do with SMS spam .........maybe i'm lost then. What throws me after review more of the site is that you have a "legal defense" fund for some reason, and then you are selling a product!

i have run across many sites in my research that are similar where they look like an actual blog but are a front to sell products by bringing in members that have websites and sell a program that they never had anything to do with, and is given away in the so-called net neutrality bs. so people set up websites that actually are 1 step up on the ole days of gator and spyware ,by grabbing keywords for spam and spyware,

and set up an amway biz plan.

there has to be some reason why you people group. now the programs that are sold for spam , are they designed by someone else? commercial enterprises are having their products stolen and copied ,but these sites claim that they can be downloaded at a cost. who actually has legal rights to the software being sold? i always say............SHOW ME THE LEGAL DOCUMENTS!!!!!!!they never do.lol..and claim we can do it........it's legal!!!!!............lol

SELLING SOMEONE'S ELSE'S WORK, claiming you have a legal right to sell that software, and that is how you make a living.........LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!..

-----------------

miss betsy.............

I can't explain the technical reasons why it is costly and difficult to find out who is sending the spam. In addition, many of the sites are hosted overseas where it may not be possible to find the true owners.

i saw you said you were not a tech but u had great points.............proxy overseas!...........company seing tele texr spam has to be routing it thru a proxy.

If I block at the server level, I don't see any spam so why would I want to go to the trouble of catching them?................that's an answer for all the people that have no other way to do anything. they can be stopped, but right now the problem is tele companies are making money off the charge they make users pay for the spam..

Sorry, but this still looks like an attempt to make money with only the slightest possibility of reducing spam.

As Lking said: "Sounds like a duck, walks like a duck..."

Andrew

i don't do anything unless it's biz........this is work.....

if i came upon a group selling software for their own.finacially purpose.............srooy....kick me off board.

i have no intention of buying a product sold by this website.............even if you can show me documents that you actually have legal rights to the software...

i am happy though that i had an email form someone from the board................that woke up and said........maybe i can help!.................we are chatting about a possible .bad guy!......

____________________-

since all of the wisdon here is to question lawyers and not provide info of use,

good day...........go forth and propser!............what ever you are selling.!

gmail.com' post='67313' date='Oct 15 2008, 10:24 AM']

This forum site has nothing at all to do with SMS spam .........maybe i'm lost then. What throws me after review more of the site is that you have a "legal defense" fund for some reason, and then you are selling a product!

spam is usually UBE or UCE (Unsolicited Bulk or Commercial Email).

Can you please point me to where you see any product being sold?

SpamCop reporting service helps people report their spam (email) to the ISP's responsible. There is no charge for this unless you want a few added features.

SpamCop Blocklist takes those reports and mathematically figures out what IP's should be listed. The blocklist is available for anyone to use for free. The "legal defense fund" is generally for this part of the system as it faces baseless lawsuits from time to time because third parties are using the blocklist to block email.

The SpamCop Email service is a webmail service that uses the SpamCop blocklist (and other blocklists and processes) to help people separate their ham/spam. It also includes a "paid reporting" level account as part of the annual ($30) fee.

There is no product. All of these things are services provided, most for free.

there has to be some reason why you people group.

Yes, to help people with the spamcop services. It is my way of giving back to the community that has taught me so much.

The rest of that post is so far out on a tangent that I can not follow it. We offer our knowledge of the SpamCop systems for free to help others use it and hopefully become a part of the anti-spam movement.

You seem to be talking about junk text messages received on a cell phone, which are completely different from spam which are email by definition. Even if the spam starts out as an email, once it hits the telephone system, all the information on how it got there is stripped away (at least as far as I can figure). That tracking information is what is needed to find out where the message came from.

The lines calling you a spammer are because you seem to be advertizing your service (lawsuit) here.

Just noting that the O/P appears to have visited since the previous post and is possibly still dropping by from time to time. Should he visit again, a nice little case is laid out at http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?...ost&p=67322 and previous posts that topic. Nice, straightforward spam (email) operation. Seems to be one of the vanishing breed of mainsleaze or 'straight-up' spammers with fingerprints all over the internet. Apparently the same entity is both domain registrant and network owner. Scope indicated by:

http://www.senderbase.org/senderbase_queri...Cozmo+SEO+Power

(thanks to Raju for updating that topic)

<snip>

i have no intention of buying a product sold by this website.............even if you can show me documents that you actually have legal rights to the software..

'This website' does not sell a product. It is a 'user forum' of three 'products' (actually services - you can't download a copy) spamcop reporting service, spamcop email service, and the spamcop blocklist. Of the three, only the spamcop email service requires payment in order to use. Both the spamcop reporting service and the spamcop blocklist can be used free of charge. However, both of them ask people to make a donation for server maintenance and the like. At one time, one man developed both the spamcop parser software and maintained the spamcop blocklist. However, he was bought out by Ironport who was bought out by Cisco. However, one can still use both services for free. the spamcop email service is run by another person who has an agreement that email can be reported via spamcop reporting service as part of their fee.

As someone else said, with so much ignorance of the topic of spam and anti-spam methods, you really aren't going to be able to make much of an impact. You may have one person interested, but most posters here would not be interested because, in order to have you do your 'lawyer' part, you would have to be instructed on so many different levels, that it would be incredibly time-consuming. Be aware that this is a public forum - not everyone who reads this forum (or even is registered here) is necessarily anti-spam - you may be exchanging emails with a spammer.

Also, if I don't receive spam and do not pay for the bandwidth to receive spam, why should I be interested in chasing them down except for revenge? Of course, the people who pay for the bandwidth and those who are defrauded or, like the FTC, is appointed to watch out for the public are interested. And apparently, they are capable of finding the spammers and of bringing charges (It does take a while - Canadian Pharmacy has been operating for years - try searching for emails in this forum alone.). As long as I can legally refuse to accept email from suspicious sources (which I can), then there is no need for individuals to sue. I have my spam problem solved. If you don't, then you go sue. I have better things to do with my time.

Miss Betsy

i asked my cpa once for advice , and he said why would you want my view

i am none as the 3 comma kid.....i need 3 commas in my check. if you want to be nice, lets caht. if you make let than 1 million per year, as i do, then i will chat but you have lost the right to question me. too bad we allow no nothings unable to obtain a doctorate in any area to question a doctor of law or any field when their ability to ex[press their intellignece allows them to make less than 100,000 per yr, what i pay my assistant.

so if you want to debate.please be able to show me you are accomplished in your speciality. its so easy toi be dumb and poor, but question others.

i like betsy and her respnses though!

can't we all get along!

ok, if you are selling software,then u invented it.........................u paid for the rights to use it................or your a lose telling your friends you are steal;ing others people's work and selling it................im koolllllllllllll

can we get back to smart people findings bad people......

2 days before i file my next case...................wallpost called today,,,,, ineed advice

Archived