Forwards not working

...but I can't find it, so it's possible I simply made it up...my apologies if that's the case. I think your best bet would be to run that by Don or Richard, but Don hasn't logged in her for about 5 days.

DT

No you didn't make it up. The discussion about plus addresses is at: http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=14305

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forwarding started working again for me sometime overnight. I was one of the people early on getting the "Recipient address rejected" bounce message. However, all my email from after the transition that wasn't forwarded is lost, including receipts that I know were sent to me.

Going forward, I won't be using my old cesmail.net address for anything important.

No you didn't make it up. The discussion about plus addresses is at: http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=14305

Thanks! I couldn't find it because the industry term is indeed "plus addressing" rather than "plussed" and so that's the way I referred to it in the earlier thread. The lack of an answer from Email Support about that doesn't mean it's not possible, but I doubt it. The only people who would have a definitive answer don't seem very chatty today.

DT

Thanks! I couldn't find it because the industry term is indeed "plus addressing" rather than "plussed" and so that's the way I referred to it in the earlier thread. The lack of an answer from Email Support about that doesn't mean it's not possible, but I doubt it. The only people who would have a definitive answer don't seem very chatty today.

DT

I wasn't sure of the exact term, but I knew I'd seen the thread. :) I was surprised you couldn't find it until I typed "plus" into a search box and got nothing. I think it's safe to assume that somewhere in the history of these forums, someone has used the word "plus" so I'm guessing there is some limitation on the search function. Perhaps it doesn't like such a short search term, or perhaps there were so many results it failed and returned none.

I wasn't sure of the exact term, but I knew I'd seen the thread. :) I was surprised you couldn't find it until I typed "plus" into a search box and got nothing. I think it's safe to assume that somewhere in the history of these forums, someone has used the word "plus" so I'm guessing there is some limitation on the search function. Perhaps it doesn't like such a short search term, or perhaps there were so many results it failed and returned none.

I forwarded my email and responded to the verification, but so far I haven't been getting any email and test messages I sent to my spamcop account have neither bounced nor come through. So forwarding is still not working. I've about lost patience with this. Let's get some feedback about this, or I'm mad enough to join a class action. This is costing me money.

I forwarded my email and responded to the verification, but so far I haven't been getting any email and test messages I sent to my spamcop account have neither bounced nor come through. So forwarding is still not working. I've about lost patience with this. Let's get some feedback about this, or I'm mad enough to join a class action. This is costing me money.

I haven't received notification about email report or a test email sent to check forwarding :(.

24+ hours later, the bouncing has stopped for me...which is nice.

On the other hand, the forwards--that have been in place and working since early August--still aren't working. I have no idea where my mail is going...but it's not getting to me.

Webmail has no record of them, and my forwarding address is still correct on the SC reporting side.

I do have to give poor marks on this transition and the urgency with which they are prioritizing resolution.

:angry: i set up my forwarding address when i first got the message back in august... now that it's actually a done deal, i find that forwarding doesn't work.

i've sent several emails from different accounts to salamandir at spamcop dot net and have received nothing... not a bounce notification, not a blocked notice... and no message on either end.

for a service that has been so good for so long, spamcop has REALLY screwed up this time...

is there any hope to get this working again, or should i just give up now, while i still have some semblance of civility left?

For me too, forwards do not seem to be working.

They worked yesterday, according to my tests, but not now. Neither tests, nor real mail from real correspondents is arriving at its new destination.

I am worried that messages sent to my old spamcop address are being dev/null'd as spam. Were I an optimistic person, I'd feel sure they are being held in a queue somewhere. I get less optimistic by the hour.

As a long time user of the mail service, it is simply not tolerable to deal with literally hundreds of correspondents and sign-ups all at once. What about all the bland assurances we were given?

For me too, forwards do not seem to be working.

They worked yesterday, according to my tests, but not now.

For whatever it's worth, same here: It was working yesterday, and this morning, but not now. No bounce, so hopefully it's in a queue, not getting discarded as spam.

I've been getting some forwards (SOME!) trickling in. They appear to be delayed about 4 hours.

I also sent some testing emails to make sure my emails weren't being dropped and while they haven't bounced yet, they also have not been forwarded. But this was less than 4 hours ago as well.

I'm still doing better than I was yesterday since it seems that the forwarding is at least setup for me now.

I've been getting some forwards (SOME!) trickling in. They appear to be delayed about 4 hours.

I also sent some testing emails to make sure my emails weren't being dropped and while they haven't bounced yet, they also have not been forwarded. But this was less than 4 hours ago as well.

I'm still doing better than I was yesterday since it seems that the forwarding is at least setup for me now.

Bit sus so sent a test message didn't arrive

dumping spamcop address

I've received a few emails from forwarding tonight, but from the headers they are going to an all lowercase version of my email. Actually what's more interesting is they have all been "Topic Subscription Reply Notification"s from this forum which happens to be sent from news[at]news.cesmail.net.

So to me right now it appears the only mail being forwarded to me are from cesmail.net itself.

None of my mail forwarding is coming through.

Is it lost?

Spamcop .... you've lost me!

ARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No email since the changeover WHY WHY WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, I don't think externals can possibly work just now - Cisco has taken ownership of the (present) mail exchanger and allocated one of their own IP addresses to it but the DNS records are incomplete or haven't promulgated yet.

C:\Documents and Settings\Admin>nslookup -type=mx spamcop.net

Server: ...

Non-authoritative answer:

spamcop.net MX preference = 5, mail exchanger = vmx5.spamcop.net

C:\Documents and Settings\Admin>nslookup -type=mx cesmail.net

cesmail.net MX preference = 5, mail exchanger = vmx5.spamcop.net

C:\Documents and Settings\Admin>nslookup -type=mx cqmail.net

cqmail.net MX preference = 5, mail exchanger = vmx5.spamcop.net

C:\Documents and Settings\Admin>nslookup vmx5.spamcop.net

Name: vmx5.spamcop.net

Address: 184.94.240.124

C:\Documents and Settings\Admin>nslookup -type=ptr 184.94.240.124

*** ... can't find 124.240.94.184.in-addr.arpa.: Non-existent domain

-all of which could change fairly quickly (and maybe the name service will end up in a quite different form) but it just isn't working 'universally' right now.

I still have no emails, and the SC reporting page not only hasn't been updated with a new message, they've pulled the old one down.

Do they feel it's resolved? Perhaps they could inquire with some of us, before making that assumption? Sure would be nice to know somebody's working on something.

I rather expected more from a 127.63 billion dollar market cap networking company. A couple of DNS pointers, and some DB alias imports should be well within their skill set, and quickly accomplished.

I still have no emails, and the SC reporting page not only hasn't been updated with a new message, they've pulled the old one down.

Do they feel it's resolved? Perhaps they could inquire with some of us, before making that assumption? Sure would be nice to know somebody's working on something.

I rather expected more from a 127.63 billion dollar market cap networking company. A couple of DNS pointers, and some DB alias imports should be well within their skill set, and quickly accomplished.

working again for me?

Just bought a lottery ticket received conformation email.

My test messages from yesterday and today just arrived.

One of mine was eventually bounced, while the other made is through.

lost connection with vmx5.spamcop.net[184.94.240.124]

while performing the EHLO handshake

Archived